Trampa Barrels spring position

No that is the way I have them setup (front and rear outer). I think @rich also uses the outer position.
Front inner position is too loose for off road.
On road it is not bad though.

2 Likes

I run two boards in outer position, front and back.
Never tried inner position but also wouldn’t want them to be there.
It’s maybe good for people running the board without bindings, but with bindings you have a great turning radius and stability in outer position. I personally would like the barrels even a bit more stiff.

2 Likes

I run my barrels on the inner front and outer rear with bindings and love it. Stable but also tight turning circle. That said I don’t often go over 30.

5 Likes

Barrels in outer position are more stable than springs with yellow dampas and no wobbles at 50km/h. Plus the turning radius is better with bindings.

On my urban carver for commuting I mount them on the inner spring position but without bindings.

4 Likes

Thanks for the insight guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

I run barrels on the outer positions on my 12s Lacroix build. What I’ve found a little bit of success with is cutting some reliefs in the barrels on my buddy’s lathe. Still gotta throw your ass into any kinda turn as its not a carvy as inner positions.

Pics on around the 15th post on this thread:

Edit - to be clear if you try this do not take too much material out. I would just cut more rings rather than go deeper into the material.

2 Likes

I would shit my pans driving with cut barrels :joy:
Why not inner position?
Because extra holes to drill in the deck or the kaly base plate doesn’t have inner hole position?

1 Like

Yeah didn’t wana drill the deck again haha. I was STRESSED drilling it the first time around. they’re pretty thick I probably took 10% of the material’s outter wall thickness away.

I was trying to track down a the supplier that makes these and see if I could get the barrels in a softer material as well.

I’ve pretty much decided if I do run a different set of trucks on this build that I’d do it with MBS trucks or some kind of pivot truck so I kinda stopped looking around. Been getting back into my thane and pivot truck builds. I still like the MBS trucks on my stock 10S Lacroix more than these but they do feel a lot better than when I didn’t have an reliefs cut in emm.

1 Like

the supplier of the elastomer damper isn’t hard to find in the old forum :wink: just in case one day :tipping_hand_man:

2 Likes

Etoxx right?

I was gunna get those first but they’re a little pricey for some pieces of hard rubber tubing. I was looking up the supplier on the side of the tramapa barrels and they do make rubber/elastometer “cores” that were softer duro but not in any kind of usable pre cut length and they’re a huge corporate supplier so my request for one 1 meter length of it seems to have been ignored. I forget the name of the company but I think it began with an E or F. its on the side of the trampa barrels.

2 Likes

Etoxx or better lets say duffman came up with that idea, but they bought and still buy the elastomer from an other company.
Exactly because of the reasons you mentioned above, etoxx elastomer damper are more expensive than trampa. They buy just in small amounts which not really make things cheaper.

Trampa by the way just copied that design. The elastomer damper comes from the same supplier :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

yeah I figured as much - I really dig all the stuff etoxx does and if they were state side prob would have bought from them.

edit - I’d like to see @3DServisas take a whack at some barrel options with his “trampa” channel trucks.

1 Like

From the pictures it looks like they designed to fit mbs shock blocks. Or do they have two different hanger designs coming?

coulda swore I saw an MBS as well as a Trampa style hanger from him on the nothing but pics thread. I don’t think either are for sale on the site yet tho.

1 Like

I’m not sure if they’re the manufacturer, but they can be bought from here. We have used them for a mould at work once I think. I do think you’d need to be a company to purchase from here.

https://ecom.meusburger.com/e/index.asp?id=822

Select the outer diameter where my nice arrow points to get to the correct dimensions. :+1:

Yes? :blush:

2 Likes

I was just trying the barrels out on the Inner position in front and outer in back on a Prototipo deck (no binddings). It’s intended for street use. I could not make it turn at all, the only thing that gave in was the deck, not the truck. I have to basically push all my weight in to make a 4m Turn. No Idea what to do with it now. I have the feeling they would work better on a really stiff deck. Are those MBS trucks carvier?

I’ve been running mine in the inner position front and rear, didn’t even ride in the outer since it was too stiff

My experience is similar - barrels in front inner position, on back outer position - without bindings it’s almost impossible to make turns. Some say barrels are softer in warm weather, and I think I can feel it too when temperature is 25 degrees C or more

1 Like

Sell yours, get some barrels from @Kaly
The trampa barrels same as the etoxx barrels not made for carving without bindings in my opinion.

1 Like

I run them on inner position on both trucks without bindings on a Trampoiline deck and love it, very carvy. It’s my commuter and I ride on street/concrete most of the time. With bindings the outer position is better.

I’ll take them for cheap :joy:

1 Like