Tracked PEV. Tank tracks, treads. Anything in the PEV spirit with a shitload of traction, so many many wheels may count as treaded.

Haha you could just beef up a set of these! All-Terrain Traxx | RC Crawler Wheels and Tires | Traxxas

We need more details

2 Likes

Thought this might fit in here for fun.

4 Likes

This is a cool idea, any chance you can dig up more pictures? It would be great to see how its mounted to the trucks.

1 Like

this person knows what I like

Any updates on the descender mod? I just found some options for getting one (or at least the trucks and treads) and I’m trying to think about how it could work.

The one thing I can’t tell from your pictures is what exactly your plan was with the bolts and that pulley setup.

I’m running through ideas like using a double sided timing belt through the center of those rollers that might somehow be able to drive the tread?

1 Like

I don’t think those cheap rubber treads would last long enough to be worth that effort.

I eventually will find a good size/modular track solution that I can make parts to fit into BN-AT drives.
That RCTESTFLIGHT nylon track might be a good option to try first given low weight and mostly good enough durability.

1 Like

https://ko.aliexpress.com/store/group/Rubber-Track/910325132_517890327.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.100008.3.3e102fa9IGZM68

@POWDERPOWERRIDER

if you made a version of that with a gnarly treaded track with a rounded face it would work on dirt right?

3 Likes

Even that worked surprisingly well on dirt. Turning is the issue. Ground must allways be a little soft to make any kind of turn. On hard ground, there should be a small wheel at the back acting as a rudder(but how to manipulate it?) . Same thing on hard snow. I have been recearching snowmobile, snowboard, boat and skateboard turning now for years. Discovering the following: ground is hard or soft. Turn radius is large or small. “vehicle” will bank or not. Driver will bank or not. Ankles are stiff(boots) or able to bend. All the configurations of these parameters made me to think that my next snowboard will have flexsible boots(can be locked with solenoid), banking bindings(can be locked with solenoid) and a rudder wheel. On hard ground,
with small turn radius and low speed, i will be able to stand straight up but on my heels or tous, while the snowboard is perpendicular to the ground and the tilting binding manipulate the rudder. On soft snow and high speed the ankle and bindings are locked for “real surfing” in the snow.

1 Like

Could someone link my 3pcs of youtube powersnowboard videos here please. “markushuo”

1 Like

The Scarpar also belongs here

1 Like

Wait, is this you @POWDERPOWERRIDER ???

If so, TELL ME EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CONTRAPTION, I love it already

4 Likes

Yes thats me 10 years ago. Now working on the electric version of that “tank” :D… 7000w and half the weight. If you like to study finnish language go to “conseptas lumilauta”. There are so many people asking about this thing, that maybe i will write an article in english one day…

4 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

they just don’t make them like they used to I see.

Very interesting ideas about adding more control to the track board.

One other thing that could be considered is designing it with two tracks split down the center then when you lean you can have a change in tracks direction then.

1 Like

This could prob run on 4X M1-AT drives, very entertaining if you like this topic.

2 Likes
2 Likes