Total noob needs suggestions on building halo carbon board

Well im thinking like up to like 900? I’ve been reading up on alot some of the guys are insane lol

1 Like

Definitely get a plan these guys will jump in eventually Here’s some cool budget builds

1 Like
1 Like

It’s says it private

1 Like

My bad you earn credit on this site for being on it a certain amount of time if that makes any sense I think it took me a month or 2 To be able to look at certain threads

2 Likes

You’re in the north west which is a good area for Esk8 Metroboard not Mboards do not shop at Mboards and my favorite Hoyt Street And the best vendor with the fastest shipping around in the US Torqueboards diy electric skateboards

2 Likes

Me too :rofl:image

2 Likes

I would say given your size and such: if the unity (the controller) is in good shape that’s a start. I’d plan a new battery and a belt drive train and you’ll be set

2 Likes

Were is a good place to buy batteries? And what size motors would u suggest?

2 Likes

Thats a a sick shifter man !!

1 Like

Hi, fellow halo owner here. Realistically, you might have to ditch the deck. The biggest battery I could fit was a 10s4p and you’re limited on space for ESC and BMS. And stacking another battery at the bottom would be a no go as you’d lose clearance.

For someone your size, I’d definitely go for belt drive. Hubs and direct drives are pretty cool tbh but as of now, lack the torque you require.

From the quick browse through what you want (30-35mph with 25-30mile range), you’re already looking at a beefy battery. 12s8p at the least matched with a high gearing ratio. You can build a battery yourself, but I recommend going through reliable builders who provide that service. @Skyart @ZachTetra to name a couple. Though I could build one for you too, but I’ll charge double and take twice as long for no reason

For your “motherboard” or ESC (electronic speed controller), @torqueboards is releasing their TB6 Vescs pretty soon and they’re definitely affordable or you can opt for a Unity or Stormcore 60D if you can get your hands on one.

anything 6374 and up. TB6380s are pretty much king at the moment

Everything aside from those that I mention is pretty much preference.

UNFORTUNATELY, you won’t achieve the specs you want with that budget. That wouldnt even cover the electronics sadly. But a pre-built board should NOT be out of the question. A lot of people have had a lot of success with Exway (Pro/Pro Riot/Flex) @BillGordon and @BuildKitBoards is releasing their new board tomorrow I think which I’m hoping to get my hands soon :eyes:

Here’s some proof of my halo boards lmao

3 Likes

@Haveywheightskater it’s not a fun process but I can make 18650 batteries for a Halo Board, this is one I made for @Crispeasy like a week ago

If I made another one I’d do it slightly differently (folded nickel) but it’s possible, this is 12s3p but I could so 10s4p (technically there’s room for 42 cells but you need room for the BMS)

4 Likes

Yea idk how you were able to fit those braids in, I felt like I had no option but to do folded nickel, but there might be room along the sides for some 16 or 18 AWG…

2 Likes

Damm i really like the halo board tho I got so used to it sometimes i get a bit crazy and slide it :sweat_smile: il take a look and see what’s out there really appreciate the input man

2 Likes

wow man you really make those? Thats so cool looks really clean too. What do you charge? if I was gona get a replacement for the halo board

2 Likes

This is the same board as the radley
I had one here for repair as I was looking at it I thought the only way to put a bigger battery was to add an encloser to to bottom you would end up with two enclosers and a ton of space.
The though was only to use the bottom one for a battery pack

1 Like

And also I was surprised at how good it felt for $1000…

1 Like

You can read it here

1 Like

I’m also in the process of rebuilding 2 halo boards so I’ll be following up on what you decide to do :wink:

2 Likes

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it
If I had the halo I would just keep it the way it is And enjoy it But that’s me :crazy_face: and with your new funds start to build you your 30-35 mph board
@Jujo knows his stuff If he says it’s going to be a pain it will probably be a nightmare
There are always great deals on this forum =esk8 parts and market
It seems you got the adrenaline bug like me your going to want multiple boards :call_me_hand:

5 Likes