TorqueMonster | 12s4p 30q | Dual 6380 | TORQUE6 | More to come

FrieNDA for my patent pending wheel lights :woozy_face:

5 Likes

this looks amazing!
Do you think theres room down there for a 12s4p 21700 battery pack?

2 Likes

I don’t know for certain but the next time I open I can measure the space. Kinda thinking it has enough room since there is a gap on both sides of the current battery

1 Like

Pretty good.
Is a solid double redundancy system and on the metal tabs was introduce a stress damper system perfect so far.

BTW
I got a cool hardware for you
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

@murdomeek yeah you should be able too fit 21700.

4 Likes

Because I’m pretty?

5 Likes

Kaly, Can I send you the payment through paypal? If so could you pm me?

1 Like

Where can i get this PCB?! Beautiful.

3 Likes

very jelly.

2 Likes

Check out the 40" Drop Deck TB40 thread I believe Dexter talks about it.

2 Likes

Awesome build with awesome parts! Love the enclosure :smirk:

2 Likes

Thank you! The enclosure is actually working out really well. I added a second layer of packing tape since I hit water along my routes and used some foam to stop crap from flying into the opening on the front side.

I’ve been taking this build out lately and it’s been a lot of fun. The free roll is ridiculous compared to what I’m used to with pneumatics and a higher gear ratio. Haven’t been able to work up the nerve to hit full speed since a hospital is the last place I wanna visit right now, even if they have good drugs. After the outbreak that’ll likely change

3 Likes

@torqueboards this would be a bitchin’ complete that could run with the big dogs for sure. Could even sell it like Prusa sells their i3 printer, where you can buy it as a kit or fully assembled for additional cost.

3 Likes

Wow does torqueboards ships a free enclosure with every deck purchase? Or is that all custom work with a torqueboards sticker? Its great either way!

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve updated this thread!

After a long series of 15-20 mile runs on a carver I took this board out again tonight and was reminded A) how scary it can be and B) how much fun it is on a track.

The enclosure was upgraded swapped for a prototype Dexter sent out for testing.

I put in one of the Toughwire Antispark units and it’s been working wonderfully. I like the push to start feature but wish it had come with a button sometimes. Not enough to actually install one myself if that tells you anything.

I’ve only really come across one QC issue while testing a TB6 and I see it’s already been addressed in the current units that are making it out into the wild here and there.

I had to apply more loctite and tighten one axle that started backing out. I brought it up and see it’s happened a time or two to others. Still, it’s a good idea to check your stuff every now and again.

No bending of the long motor mounts with cross braces installed but I’m keeping an eye on them since it has large motors.

Hoping to get my hands on some of those giant wheels @torqueboards has in the works :wink::wink: The sidewalks here are just too brutal for this rig and the streets are slightly sketch but it still gets out :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

That first enclosure was the ducks nuts :ok_hand: you’ve inspired me to try a new method for making my next enclosure buck, thanks!

3 Likes

Wicked! Any time :+1:

2 Likes

really nice clean build
where did you get the vescs from?
may you share the vesc settings on those motors? would be really nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:muscle: TORQUE ESC V6.64 - High Mileage Immediate Testers

2 Likes

Thank you! I’d have to pull them up again. Pretty sure it’s mostly the default settings and maybe dialed down the amp limits a bit.

1 Like