Torqueboards/diy electric skateboards blocks ppl who disagrees with them.

@torqueboards recently advertised their “diy kits” that you can purchase and put together yourself and as they say, “no experience needed.” I personally disagree with this and expressed this. And then got blocked. They don’t take constructive criticism well i guess.

I’d like to share my experience with their product. The quality of their “complete” Torqueboards Street Board was poor. Please refer to the links and pictures. Granted this was a year or two ago.

For one, the truck bases were loose on both ends. The grip tape was not properly placed. There were gaps between the enclosure and deck. The board had issues changing. The remote randomly dosconnected. And finally, the simplest thing they can address was not and that’s the phase wires not being secure. I mean come on! At least throw some electrical tape on their and act like you know something! Sure i couldnt have fixed it myself, but to pay +$1,700 for a COMPLETE, i expect to not need to do anything to it. Bc its a complete! Which i was able to get a full refund fortunately.

So from personal experience, complete street board is not a quality product i feel confident getting on. Which i guess they aren’t confident in it either since they’re encouraging non-experienced esk8ers put it together themselves.

2 Likes

1 Like

Almost a perfect list of every stupid thing I’ve fucked up building esk8s

as a professional PEV repair tech, when I see electrical tape on a connection I immediately assume the person responsible is a moron. It’s the electrical tape effect.

3 Likes

What do you call someone that raw dogs it and doesn’t put shit on it? Also i forgot to put the picture of the phase wires. Just added it in

1 Like

idk but images of Evil Kinievel pop into my head

learn to fall bozo. L + ratio

3 Likes

Probably upgrade it to, "learn to die better "

1 Like

Life pro tip: Use their slippery ass wheels, so when your motors lock up, you slow down gently since youre gonna instantly lose traction and have your wheels skip.

3 Likes

Torqueboards is a joke meme now. Pretty sad fall.

FTFY

1 Like

FTFY

2 Likes

NGL. I still have love for 110s.

3 Likes

Im not trying to bash anyone who has bought these but for the price they flat out just dont make sense to me. If you cross shop this with any brand you get more for less or A LOT more for 100-200 more. Nevermind the clear quality control issues…

12s 4p 18650 Samsung 30Q. Hasnt like every single board in this price range moved on to 21700?

And you have to do assembly?

1 Like

No shit bro! 30Q cells?!??!

I wouldn’t pay more than $250 for one of these now. and that’s $50 for the BMS.

3 Likes

The bullet connectors physically hurt me

3 Likes

They almost made sense when they released like 3 years ago lol

2 Likes

Uhh yeah when one of those phase wires comes unplugged you will get thrown and then as I just learned your ESC will also explode.
Someone who buys a prebuilt is paying for the expertise of someone who knows what they’re doing.

I’m actually OK with blocking someone who just comes on your site/page to trash you… but blocking an honest review from an actual customer? That’s some bullshit.

2 Likes

I’m with you Bill. Still my favorite thane.

@Evwan you’ll never take away my love for tb110s.

1 Like

You do realize I have two sets of them right? I love them too but they’re bouncy as fuc and can get really sketchy as a result

4 Likes