TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor Kit

NO! :smiley:

1 Like

Also send me two torqueboxes to test with the 110s thanks buddy…please

5 Likes

You joke, but he should do exactly that when the time comes.

2 Likes

@torqueboards, I’d buy some 110s if you send 2 torqueboxes to test along as well.

I like the emails, they are exciting :sunglasses:

Nothing exciting about getting emails

3 Likes

well that’s the thing I don’t get many emails

7 Likes

I calculated the Kv of my 75Kv set yesterday and it comes out to 69Kv (Nice). 10s, 110mm wheels gets me up to 28mph per the Unity app. I wish I could break 30mph on flats but I can always up the voltage later. I understand motor winding is never exact so I’m not complaining.

And to think I even considered getting Enertion hubs… Unity is fire tho :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah… I don’t get that many emails either, so I still open them. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

@Sn4Pz

1 Like

Thanks for looking out but Im almost 100% set on herringbone gears :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh yeah those look sick

1 Like

PM me and I’ll walk you through it.

1 Like

How did you calculate that?
With VESC detect?

I have never gotten the Kv command to work (idk what I am doing wrong).

I bookmarked this a while ago.

and here’s my math

6 Likes

This is great, thanks! I tried doing this to my VESC data logs… but since it doesn’t include ERPM, I had to add in some math to convert speed to RPM.

If you log data to MPH or speed_unit=1 then feel free to try this:

1. In order from the first empty cell on the far right
  • M3/C3
  • (F3 * 0.44704)/(53.5 * 0.00010472) replace 53.5 - make it your wheel radius or diameter/2 | replace 0.44704 with 0.277778 if you log in kmph
  • (U3/T3)
  • (V3/E3) * 100
  1. Drag all these formula boxes to the bottom of the document to calculate all values

2. Autofilter column M and hide all less than however many watts of power so you don’t get divide by 0 errors. I hid anything less than ~2000W.

3. If using excel, use SUBTOTAL(101,range) to average your KV calculation ignoring hidden rows. If using Libreoffice, SUBTOTAL(1,range) works. In an empty cell:

• =SUBTOTAL(101,W:W)

That should basically be your average Kv, calculated from your VESC logs.

1 Like

I received my direct drive motors last week and they seem to be randomly seizing on me. Please check out the linked video clip and let me know if this is similar to what was happening with the motors you had issues with. I reached out to TB - first, 5 days ago through their website forum and again today with an email. I hope to hear back from them soon. I am hopeful I will be able to ride on these 110mm wheels soon!

3 Likes

Looks like your using a wowgo esc, I don’t think it’s compatible.

4 Likes

I thought I had one 1/2 TBDD motors seizing that had from Dex but it ended up being a loose magnet. Can’t quite tell from your video what exactly is happening with yours but here is a short vid of mine I had with a loose magnet. I’m assuming cause the glue softened up and got loose from getting the motors too hot it who knows. Dex will take care of you, he’s just slammed with all the biz so can take him a couple days at but rest assured, he’ll get to you.

3 Likes

I’ve run my DDs from a Wowgo type ESC, and from a control perspective, it works very well. The performance takes a definite hit however.

3 Likes