TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor Kit

that or you’re phat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Same for me.
I have the 60KV and I barely can go up an Hill of 2 degree.
I have some other test to do today…gonna see…

1 Like

Well, I was riding with my GF who have the Onsra challenger DD (same speed same riding line).
After a small hill (5 Degree) My TBDD motors get hot as hell and Throttling so much the board won’t move on flat without me on it. But the Challenger was just barely hot.
So What is happening @torqueboards?
My shitty Raptor 2.1 was performing better than that!
So guys, any advices about settings on VESC that can do this?

1 Like

Settings? If u aren’t using much power it won’t get hot unless shorted and different degrees of shorted.

If u can get the rotor off these L/C meters for 15$ reveal all

Does it pass the Vesc tool test? Or have you tried since it went hot, or was it always hot?

It’s throttleing after 1km on flat ride (some stops in urban context) going up an hill is just not possible, it became hot and won’t move.
VESC tool test? I made many motor calibrations.
You have some printscreen for help? Thanks!

Make sure the axles nuts are not fastened too much. Even with spacers they can be too tight and create drags on the motors.

What wheels are you using ?

Also looks into this if you decide to keep them :
https://forum.esk8.news/t/order-placed-tbdd-cnc-steel-hangers/
So you don’t end like this :

2 Likes

Everything turn easy.
It’s just the Trhottling that occur so fast. Probably a VESC setup wrong :confused:
I need some people with Unity and TBDD and VESC setup printsreen

I me or this data is weird? (3 times motor detection, same results)

I’m just seeing some of these post…looking like some shotty wiring in the motor leads to me. Bad/broken connection

1 Like

Is the website legit when it says that the current batch is equipped with 7075 aluminum hangers?

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give anyone a heads up about maintenance. I’ve had the drives for just over 2 years now. I’ve been running them at 10s 70-80 amps the entire time with TB110 78A’s. I have loctited the axle threads after a user here detailed their experience with loose axles a few months ago. Recently one of my wheels was a bit clicky so I took the wheels off and loctitied the adapter screws as they had started to get loose. Other than these two things, rotating the wheels once, and oiling the bearings they have performed just as well as when I got them! I know there has been so issues with TB so I’m just trying to share my good experience and keep everyone running smoothly!

Happy and safe riding!

The starhead screws shown below needed securing. (I used a piece of tape to keep track of the screws I’ve loctited.)

6 Likes

its been like a week of owning the dd and i managed to bend the axle lol :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

:eyes:

9 Likes

Unexpected CS win there.

1 Like

All of the happy ending massages are getting me somewhere with Dex.

4 Likes

You’ve seen this thread right?

2 Likes

Yeah, but that requires functional axles, which I don’t have.

1 Like

I have some. I can send to u for cost of postage if u like. But I’m in Australia. I sold the board a while ago so just lying around.

2 Likes

I appreciate the offer! We’ll see what dex’s timeline for the steel hangers is. If its far, then i’ll likely take you up on that

2 Likes

I hope u have better luck than me. I’m not exagerating when I say i waited over 6months for Dex’s ‘stronger’ one off hanger he said he’d do for me.

That’s why the Radium ones came about. I kept bitching in an Australian FB thread and Glyphiks got it going for me.

Best of luck. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re just sourced through Radium lol

7 Likes