Torqueboards customer service?

Send @torqueboards a private message?

3 Likes

You are getting nothing at all from that suspect motor? No movement, no sound? Can you define what you mean by “doesn’t work”? Thanks.

3 Likes

I moved it to the proper thread.

1 Like

I feel like he’s getting slammed with pm’s from here too

4 Likes
3 Likes

Start with this:

2 Likes

And if you switch the phase wires from the other side in?

1 Like

Swap which ESC the motors are connected to. Does it swap which motor works?

tried but nothing change

1 Like

no one motor not work

1 Like

To take soldering issues out of the question, give each phase wire bullet a twist while holding the wire or hold each phase wire at the motor can and then give a small tug to the bullet side.

2 Likes

1: does motor detection run successfully on that motor?

2: is it difficult to turn when connected to the ESC?

3: is it difficult to turn when not connected to the ESC?

4: if you spin it by hand pretty hard and fast does it feel like there comes a point where it just kind of stops itself from turning like it builds in resistance?

2 Likes

yes really and then to see how long it is I will not be able to enjoy my summer with my board. I bought it in February-March 2019 and I received it only in August 2019. from my first ride the noise started but I had no guarantee because I had to change the connectors so that they fit with my unity focbox. I want to pay so that torqueboard repairs my motor. They try one time to test my motor and they said to me that they can’t do something because have don’t have the good connector on my motor so they can’t test it. They ask me to buy a new motor because they not able to swap the connector WTF its DIYelectricskateboard. I can’t figure it out how they not able to swap a connector its really simple to do.

4 Likes

Imagine those of us who ordered something in November :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve only been here for a few months, but I have seen lots of posts praising TB for their customer service. My experience has been similar to many who have posted in this thread already.

I put in a big order for a bunch of stuff going into my first build. Nothing I purchased was listed as out of stock or pre-order. Weeks went by without any shipment notification. I began emailing with Dexter and his response to every exchange was “We’re waiting on X. It’ll be here next week”. I follow up next week, “We’re going to have everything for your order in a few days”. This went on for seven weeks.

It sounds like my experience was better than many others’, and my interactions w/ Dexter were typical. So, I’m puzzled. Why is TB so highly regarded? Is it that other vendors provide even poorer service? What gives?

Dexter, I know you’re active here and will probably read this. I’m not trying to call you out. I’m genuinely confused. I think you have a lot of great products and it seems like you stand behind them and take responsibility to fix things when they need it. Are you too overwhelmed by the volume of customers you’re dealing with? I’ve got a suspicion that you’re the only employee of Torqueboards. If that’s the case, maybe time to bring on some help?

15 Likes

I can vouch for the quality of the torque board stuff I have, but I gotta say when I am even 1 day late dispatching an order or I think I might be missing parts of it I get worried for the customer :sweat_smile:
Couldn’t imagine 7 weeks without dispatching without full disclosure where the parts are in production and frequent updates to that customer… Although TB has a hell of a lot of customers and they’re probably all asking questions

12 Likes

First off, sorry your experience hasn’t been great. No excuse for that.

That said, you have to realise that his rep has been built on his overall game, which is really strong from my personal experience and my experiences on a whole across the forums.

To use a baseball analogy, Dexter takes a LOT of at-bats. I imagine it’s scores higher than anyone in esk8. With much higher sales and transactions than anyone in esk8 comes far greater numbers of satisfied customers, as well as a higher percentage of issues like yours than most vendors.

It’s the one downside of success. I also believe Dex does this shit mostly on his own, so a backlog of support issues is to be expected. I do feel that he will get you sorted based on how he has dealt with others in the past.

10 Likes

Since you’re a vendor here as well, maybe it’s better if you don’t weigh in here, even though you’re quite good at delivering for your customers. I would ask the same of Dexter if he popped into a thread discussing a Nexusboards issue.

8 Likes

:thinking:

I feel like I have failed being an American here, I know peanuts hotdogs and beer… …?

4 Likes

My only complaint is that he should at least be realistic with delivery promises. I’m assuming I’m not the only one he’s said “it should be ready by next week” multiple times to. That shit has been going on for several months in my experience. If he had just said “sorry man, won’t be ready for 6 months” I probably would’ve understood the situation. But the fact that he’s said it every 3-4 weeks that I ask is a little troublesome

Aside from that, his products are the best for the price and if there are any issues with said product, he does it right by the customer and usually resolves the problem.

And I will state that I did agree to withhold shipping on one of my orders so that everything could be shipped together.

11 Likes