Top tier longboard helmet vs lightweight motorcycle helmet?

Bell super 3 R…light and good FOV…I don’t ride at super speed though…

2 Likes

As far as the best possible helmet goes getting a motogp helmet gives you the best of both worlds they’re typically in the 1200-1300g range and offer insane protection and resilience.

Sadly your typically looking at 1000$ plus to get into that weight range :frowning:

1 Like

I’m looking for a new full face helmet, I realized I spend a lot of time riding my esk8 and wearing a helmet has saved me from death several times, so I don’t mind paying top price for a comfortable nice looking helmet.

I used to wear a regular Evolve helmet, then a tsg evolution, then a Tsg pass and lastly a Steelbird SBA2. All had their advantages and disadvantages, now I’m ready for a nice motorcycle helmet such as the Nolan N44

2 Likes

I’m falling in love with the new Icon Airflite.

images

7 Likes

Those do look really nice.

2 Likes

Check it the Simpson Bandit line of helmets.

1 Like

I wear a bandit.

2 Likes

Ok I couldn’t hold myself and placed an order for a blue Icon Airflite, with two visor options: Black and RST red.

I might have fucked up with the red one, not sure if it’d be too much, maybe the RST blue would be a better match

3 Likes

Here is a top tier skydiving helmet. It’s got a couple European ratings. Made for 200+mph locking visor, front opening, shock absorbing foam. Really sweet helmet that im planning on using as a crossover
https://www.tonfly.com/helmet.php?id=9

1 Like

I wouldn’t really recommend skydiving helmets because they’re designed for something different. In this case, they’re designed for accidentally bashing into other skydivers, and for the wind. (Hence the 200mph with visor not opening spec)

Don’t know if they’d fare well in a high speed high impact motorcycle/esk8 crash

@murdomeek, normally I’d agree 100% with you on that. But this is one of the first skydiving helmets that’s actually got a couple impact ratings. Ive seen this helmet and put it on, it’s actually very similar to a motorcycle helmet, just smaller and lighter

3 Likes

I’m gonna just give my wrong answer here and say I vote for non-light moto helmets.

I like my built-in sunglasses, ability to swap to a pinlock visor and integrated BT audio. plus the comfort and protection make you feel like you’re in a tiny head car.

your neck will get stronger.

2 Likes

reviving this thread just to stress that if your head hit the ground while skydiving, you’re probably doing it wrong :crazy_face: