6 Likes

Looks really clean dude! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
just make sure not to get dirt and shit in the sk8 motors :+1:t2:

1 Like

This is sick! I’ll call you an ambulance :+1:

2 Likes

Nice build, SK3s belong with the raw drive :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Seriously, they make me a little nervous.

2 Likes

Do not be nervous of probably the most reliable motor out of the box but be warned you may have to get in there with some loctite (I am getting deja vu) especially with a small run of factory modded versions. I’m assuming those are the sensored ones and mine had loose can bolts. Worth checking or this can happen but adding a little Q&A to anything can’t hurt.

for what its worth I have a set that must have 5000k’s by now. Still good but they don’t see any weather and they don’t see any gravel so a good hack is to wire mesh the air vents but as they are sensored the only way to waterproof them is to conformal coat the sensor pcb because unsensored versions are waterproof already.
I don’t ride in the rain though because I live in the sub tropics and you can drown if you look up while its raining.

Really nice looking build by the way. Every time I see a proto I kick myself for not getting in on the deck enclosure deal.

7 Likes

I like the loop key location, gotta plug the charge port though, water might splash on there if you ride on wet conditions.

3 Likes

Thx for reminding me. It’s too easy to forget the little stuff.

1 Like

Wow, Beautifull setup :+1: Enjoy !!

1 Like

Really interested in seeing how those nese modules fit in that enclosure

1 Like

That just looks Amazing!

1 Like

I’ll take pics when I open it back up.

I have 10s4p in there, but there is way more room.

I wanted to learn about batteries before jumping into a spot welder, and the NESE modules made it super easy to get involved. Thx @Agniusm

I added about 1/4 inch of gasket just to be safe on the overall battery height.

3 Likes

I also used the NESE as a way to get familiar with batteries. Helped a lot :+1:

2 Likes

To say very nice would be understatement. Look at that cf work :open_mouth:. Wow. And blue screws :drooling_face:

1 Like

What gasket material is that?

1 Like

I think this was the weather strip I used for the gasket. I’m not sure how tough it is, but I liked how you can compress it for a decent seal. It was also easy to poke holes through for the enclosure bolts. This was my first time using it, so we’ll see how it holds up.

1 Like

griptape art on point :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Nice and clean.

4 Likes

what gasket did you use? def going to look to fit some bigger cells in mine in the future.

Nice build!

1 Like

It’s the M-D Building Products 1/2 in. x 10 ft. Black Sponge Rubber Foam Weatherstrip Tape.

Link for Home Depot is 2 or 3 posts above.

I think the weather stripping is listed as 3/8 high, but it crushes down a little bit when tightening the enclosure bolts.

1 Like