Tonkatron updates

So if you didnt know already @Tonkatron (Mo) had a pretty gnarly fall yesterday. We were riding our trampas on the canal towpaths in the UK and had just completed about 9 miles when his board came out from underneath him at around 15mph somehow. Mo remembers going over a small bump and maybe onto some lose stuff that made him unstable. Unfortunately for Mo he came down hard onto his right hip and right elbow causing a large aceration to his elbow

And more seriously, breaking his hip.

I managed to get him patched up with some bandages we were given by a canal barge family and called an ambulance. Mo was given lots of drugs and we went to hospital. Fortunately my better half was in and I got her to come and meet us and take the trampas and gear away.

Mo normally wears elbow pads and wasnt on this occasion (not sure why). That would have possibly prevented him from cutting himself.

Anyway he had an x-ray yesterday and they initially said he would need to have a hip replacement due to the severity and position but I have just been in this morning to give him his vape (:sweat_smile:) and check up on him and he is going for surgery this afternoon with a view to see how bad it is. The doctors have said they will look and see how badly damaged the blood supply is and if they can just pin it instead they will.

We will keep you updated on his condition.

Happy Mo Ninja vaping in the hospital today :sweat_smile:

Mo has given me permission to post this stuff so you can all see he is in good spirits and he is grateful for all the messages!

55 Likes

Our best wishes to Mo.
Hopefully a hip replacement will not be needed and he will be on his feet in no time.
He is thin and light and that is a real plus for a speedy hip injury recovery.
Don’t bring him pizzas.
@Tonkatron

9 Likes

Good feels and fast heals brother!

2 Likes

Speedy recovery mo

2 Likes

Speedy recovery Mo!

2 Likes

good luck with surgery

awesome that you can vape inside :joy:

2 Likes

Speedy recovery @Tonkatron
@Lee_Wright I think it’s time to build him a 200hp wheel chair or SMT

5 Likes

Get well soon mo man.

2 Likes

At least you get to do wheelies in the wheelchair after you recover a bit! That was always the silver lining to my leg surgeries.

2 Likes

Good vibes brother hope you get better. This may be a wake up call for me maybe need to get hip protection. Mine still hurts from my last major fall.

8 Likes

These 3 are on my list. Need the balance between protection and not looking like a diaper.

Top one is my front runner at the moment.

4 Likes

I’m told Mo went for surgery at 12:00 today (5 hours ago) and should be in post surgery recovery. Waiting to find out what they did to him and how he is doing.

His fiance has been told to call back after 5 for an update, which is about now so waiting to see the outcome

13 Likes

Damn, that’s brutal. Hope Mo recovers quickly and fully. Glad he seems to be in good spirits. Stay strong brother. :facepunch:

3 Likes

give him my best wishes, if there is anything we can do just say the word. Good luck brother.

6 Likes

Wishing you a quick and easy recovery @tonkatron.

2 Likes

thanks guys. Aiming to get back in and see Mo tomorrow after work but I bet he is going to be a mess post surgery. As soon as I know I will keep you updated. Even if we cant skate together for a while we can build shit in my workshop whilst he recovers so he will be ok

5 Likes

sorry to hear about the accident and wishing a quick recovery.

but that nationalized healthcare must be nice. an accident like this in the US without health insurance would be financially devastating.

9 Likes

@Tonkatron hope you heal well and fast!! Hoping for no hip replacement for you!! If they do it, they’ve gotten really good at them, my mother in law had 2 and was up and walking about an hour after her surgery.

3 Likes

Yes absolutely, we are so lucky. Also Mo has private health care with work so he will be transferred to a bupa hospital for his rehab so he will get top notch care there too.

Thank god for our national health service, world class medical care - absolutely free.

8 Likes

Without it I wouldn’t do stupid shit :joy:

6 Likes