TomiBoi Deck/Enclosure + 20s4p P42a battery

which esc can handle it?

1 Like

Spintend 100V Ubox and Trampa 100/250 Vesc.

4 Likes

What about motors what size motor would be good with this?

1 Like

Idk. Depends on your goals for the board + your drivetrain. Most likely some Flipsky 140kv 6384 motors though, if I had to make a recommendation and assume you use a standard drivetrain solution.

4 Likes

High voltage, keep the same motors, and change your gear ratio to match the same top speed as a 12s setup. It’s gonna be really fucking loud but undoubtedly torquier.

5 Likes

Bragging rights, mostly.

1 Like

@jack.luis 20sproto

More like 20s Broto

4 Likes

@rusins can you explain your graph. It appears you’re assuming the same kv for 12s and 18s. What’s stopping the 12s setup on using higher kv per this scenario. Real world though not many are using 18s on 190kv… (FYI I think you graph has typo, erpm is suppose to be rpm based on your figures)

The torque curve of a higher KV motor will make it feel like it has less torque at lower rpms.

There are ideal KV 's for every rpm and vice versa

3 Likes

so much this

170kv on 18s was way different from 140kv on 18s on the low end

1 Like

I agree with this and it’s usually not 85,000+ erpm like @rusins chart implies

When you remove the rpm difference between the two you do not have this benefit.

This is assuming the same gearing ratio between the two. If you gear for the same speed instead, the higher kv motor has more torque. Another thing that is not really being considered here is that a motor of a certain size can only handle so many watts. If you reduce the kv to accomidate the higher voltage it will handle less amps and vice versa.

1 Like

Bump.

Open to trades for semi-complete boards. Cousin wants a new board and I’d be willing to sell him something if you want to trade for this.

3 Likes

Bumpppp

1 Like

This is unusual, most Taras sales only take like a day.

It’s an amazing deal, like I said before if I didn’t have three builds in progress I’d pick this up to build and sell

I think most people just don’t want to deal with 20s

1 Like

True the availability of a HV esc is not in our favor right now. Had a friend plug in his 100d and poof. Build obsolete

4 Likes

I believe @Skyart has a 100v spintend for anybody wanting this :wink:

1 Like

my problem is the deck…it’s unknown to me. Great deal tho!

I have an earlier cheaper similar tomboi deck and it’s great.