TITANIUM Pulleys 16t & 18t (US)

No unfortunately. Lacroix has them in 10mm bore though

6 Likes

looking for the 18T 8mm bore but these are a little too expensive. Where can i find it in steel/AL?

@Janux-esk8 I’m pretty sure has steel @EDness

still cost $50.

You can get them from @dickyho for a few bucks a piece plus shipping and 30 days lead time from China that’s if he’s got stock on them and his store is open

$50 isn’t all that bad As long as you get exactly what you’re looking for

2 Likes

I am getting a significant amount of wear on these. Seems to be less wear than aluminum, but nowhere near the durability of steel.

7 Likes

Looks like oil slick finished aluminum from the photo :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh that is disappointing. Is this on 2wd or 1wd?

2WD 190Kv 10S 16/40 on 110mm

I’m not complaining, merely disclosing the results of my “research” into using titanium for motor pulleys :rofl:

6 Likes

Holy freaken crap. Either you’re a fatass or you have no car. Either way. Mad respect brother. You deserve to be in the esk8 community hall of fame for wearing out those pulleys :rofl:

10 Likes

or both, perhaps :rofl:

it’s both

14 Likes

They aren’t worn-out yet, but they are showing that it won’t be too long before that’s a thing

5 Likes

Hol up, you sure they’re titanium then? Are they from Lacroix?

They are from the sale above.

LaCroix uses 10mm axles so I don’t use any LaCroix pulleys.

1 Like

They are titanium. I guess the abrasion resistance compared to steel it’s not as good, definitely not aluminum those don’t last me a day. I running 4wd, so that’s probably why I haven’t seen the much wear on my personal set and I prob don’t ride as much as @b264

6 Likes

got any more 16T or 18T?

I have a few left of each. I’ll pm you

3 Likes

Yeah titanium, depending on alloy is high structural strength material, especially for weight, but it’s soft, and most grades aren’t very abrasion resistant.

Any idea what alloy these are? Grade 2/CP ti is very soft, and doesn’t have very good abrasion resistance, but it’s an order of magnitude easier to machine than Grade 5 (6Al4V). Steel is significantly more abrasion resistant in most cases, especially hardened tool steels of various alloys, but I wouldn’t expect 6Al4V ti to be wearing out quickly. The finish on these however, it’s just surface, and will disappear very quickly regardless of alloy anywhere there’s abrasive action.

2 Likes

It’s tc4 (grade 5) titanium. My set is still going strong, 4wd so not fairest comparison.

3 Likes

fit real nice!

2 Likes