Titan | 12s5p 30Q | Avio MK1 Herringbone Gear Drive | Trampa Infinity & 6.5 Superstars | 34" Jet Potato | Unity | Torqueboards 6380s

A little upgrade.

Trying to retro fit the herringbone gear drives made by @avX. This one is based off the MK1. The mount is meant for Kahua trucks, and the diameter is 25mm. The Trampa truck is a bit larger than that, so I’ll have to cut the truck down a bit. Science time.

The truck is so long it’s barely able to fit on my 7x12 metal lathe.

And the gear…

And comes the adapter to fit the Superstars. Jeff helped model the adapter to fit and fits nicely. Printed in PLA+ at 100% infill.

Soft fitting everything on to check for any clearance issues, all good.

And it’s time to set it up
Mounts go on and torque in place

Gears.

Figuring out mount angle

And on goes the mayonnaise

And here it is

Free roll is better, and motor clearance is better. Love it. I took some shots when I was testing it at the carpark nearby.

19 Likes

Where did you buy the cable loom? This build is sooooo clean!

Thanks!

Here’s the link, comes in many sizes. I chose 12mm for the motor wires. Fits all 3 with the sensor wire.

I dont see a link, im interested as well

He’s being a tease

1 Like

Oops,
@Full-send

4 Likes

Awesome as always.
This thing is so unique and i bet a real beast.
Thanx for sharing and this lovely build thread.
You rock!
(ignoring your title :hugs:)

2 Likes

Today this build is dismantled, appreciate it’s last moments

4 Likes

Dude, your builds are so next level! What you got planned for this board?

1 Like

Thank you! Let’s just say the funds from this board will be used to fund… a power race board haha…

This board is a little large for a 5’5" guy like me, and weighing at around 14kg, it’s not the most portable, so i figured i’ll part with it since i don’t have much opportunities to ride it.

3 Likes

I guess you are tired of bill beating you with an exxway and ripped pants? :wink:

1 Like

yes, i had to see his full moon the entire race

1 Like

I mean i feel your pain but its kinda one of the best disrespects ever :rofl:

He was damn proud of it too.

1 Like