Tire orientation question

Yo, which direction is the correct way to mount my tires? The top one or the bottom? Front of board is on the right side…

My take on it was that both are good but with slightly different characteristics:

• Top exhausts water better cos the tread line flows outwards smoothly (this is my preferred config).
  • Bottom provides better traction on looser surfaces cos the tread line is perpendicular to the direction of travel.

…but since I never ride in the wet and only rarely on loose surfaces, I can’t speak from experience. I wonder if you’d be able to tell the difference tbh.

2 Likes

Personally I can’t tell the difference, I use the same (or very similar) tires. Same tread at least. I rode for 4 months before realizing I had one “backwards”

1 Like

Same here, I too have „backwards“ tires and I don’t care.

2 Likes

Top one is better at ejecting water at speed, but I kinda doubt that it matters in our usecase. These wheels are also not made for offroad so mounting them backwards defeats their purpose.

In this case, top one is the “correct” way imo.

2 Likes

Same lol both Kevin and I realized yesterday we have one tire that’s the opposite way, never noticed

2 Likes