?? Tips on making my pneumatics Tubeless??

• heavier
  • less selection of tire sizes and types available
  • more expensive
  • probably more prone to slipping/torque-out
2 Likes

I get that but won’t any solution that renders “pneumatics tubeless” have the same effect? that is what OP is requesting right? The whole whether or not tubeless / airless is a good idea is a whole seperate topic.

With proper hubs designed for tubeless operation, the setup can actually be lighter, cheaper, and just as resistant to slipping as tubed. The issue is that our usual hubs are not designed to retain the tire bead enough for tubeless operation, and there’s a couple leakage paths that must be dealt with on two-piece split hubs.

3 Likes

Are these pretty smooth to ride on?

I like the idea of tire sealant. Can you use the sealant as rim tape? Or can you only use the sealant after a puncture to close the hole?

Can’t say. I did not try them

It’s the latter: sealant is meant to stop punctures from becoming immediate show stoppers on your ride. They’re meant to be used together. The tape helps to make sure that the tire can stay inflated without air being leaked through the rim (especially through the spoke mounting holes on bikes wheels). You can also put sealant in a tube. It should avoid having to stop, remove the tire and apply a patch if you have a puncture.

2 Likes

supposed to be more reliable but failure is more troublesome.