?? Tips on making my pneumatics Tubeless??

There are tubeless 200x50 tires, but they are filled with foam or other things and pretty heavy. Probably also not the most comfortable to ride.
Idk how you could seal up a regular 2 piece hub so well that you could just pump up the tire without tube without loosing air pressure over time.
Even if, it would still give you issues with punctures as long as you use the same outer tire as before.
For me personally slime did work very well.
You could also go 11“ and gokart tires if you really need tubeless pneumatics :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Slime works great, i’ve had no punctures in 2 years and rode on some nasty trails.

5 Likes

Can you point me in the direction of this slime and how to use it? Sounds interesting.

You could try to use some rim sealing tape before installing the tire. Ref: How to Install Tubeless Rim Tape Correctly Like a Pro

You’ll also need a valve that you can install directly on the rim, though bike versions should also be fine, just stick with the same standard (probably the schrader type).

On bikes you sometimes need an air compressor or high volume pump to seat the tire initially.

I’m really curious about how this turns out!

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B000ENOPPO/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=slime+sealant&qid=1629813889&sprefix=slime+sea&sr=8-7

1 Like

There you go

https://www.amazon.com/Slime-10004-Tube-Sealant-oz/dp/B000ENSRS0/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=bicycle+slime&qid=1629813886&sr=8-2

4 Likes

I think that’s a reference to these liners or tape:

Be mindful of the rim width. With rim tape I think overlapping is totally fine if you can’t find the exact size (fat bike tires might have created options for us).

…or sealant

There are a lot of options and related items:

Using a US-based store for these links because they have a good selection of products. I’ve ordered from them in the past and had a good experience.

2 Likes

It was more a reference to the liquid slime.
You just fill a bit in the tube and it does seal the tube as soon as it gets punctured.
There for sure limits to it, but in general it works very well.

2 Likes

Yeah, makes sense. I use Orange Seal on my bike (Endurance Sealant Refills | Orange Seal). I feel like it was less nasty for the environment compared to some other brands, but I picked it years ago and might be misremembering my logic for it.

Is it safe to assume that the tires we tend to use are tubeless ready since they’re designed for scooters that are more likely not to use tubes?

The rental scooters in my city mostly use solid tires like those or similar in design

Roller Solide Tubeless

2 Likes

Tubeless beadlocks are different than the hubs we use. Not going to work. Even if you do seal the two part hub. The other issue is the valves. Bike valves are long and straight. Tubeless are presta style instead of the schrader that we use. Not to mention tubeless tires have specific beads as well.

Going to be a ground up design if we are ever going tubeless.

5 Likes

Yup.

2 Likes

Bead lock. :wink:

4 Likes

Are those dot approved? Smart ass.

2 Likes

If DOT means doesn’t often think, then absolutely, DOT approved.

example: CDOT about the consequences of public urination.

3 Likes

10/10 would not trust.

2 Likes

10/10 they ride great with smaller tubes lower pressure on the tire itself. ,

Why not just buy tubeless tires…

• heavier
  • less selection of tire sizes and types available
  • more expensive
  • probably more prone to slipping/torque-out
2 Likes

I get that but won’t any solution that renders “pneumatics tubeless” have the same effect? that is what OP is requesting right? The whole whether or not tubeless / airless is a good idea is a whole seperate topic.