Tips and tricks for fitting so much in such a small space

(Thats what she said.)

I am currently trying to cram 4 ESCs, a 10s7P battery, an anti-spark plug, and some other weird stuff into my current project and I decided to turn to the forum.

I know you guys have some advice for making 10lbs of tech into a 5lbs deck.

Any space savings is good with me!!!

3 Likes

Holy spaghetti Batman.

9 Likes

oh yeah! The prototype was real!

1 Like

connectors take up a lot of space. solder as much as possible.
Also allows for trimming of excess cableage

9 Likes

Although it will be less convenient if you want to re-purpose the ESCs, you can save space by splicing and soldering the power cables together which would let you remove those bulky 2 to 1 adapters. EDIT: What :arrow_up: said :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wire management! If its longer than it needs to be, shorten it. Excess wire can take up just as much if not more space than a few connectors alone.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick tip on the wires and connectors.

I am going to stack all the components without wires attached to them and then trim/ route wires as they need to be.

Do you have real time amp draw from your rides?

I recently got a davega on my board and found that all my xt90s are completely unnecessary.

Xt60s save a lot of space, it could be worth your time to swap the vesc xt90s over, while still keeping the battery xt90 as well as the main splitter connectors :thinking::man_shrugging:t2:

I’d circle what I’m talking about on your photo to be more clear but quite honestly I can’t tell what’s what

4 Likes

I would create things to attach everything to and hold it all together in a solid brick.

2 Likes

VESC’s are XT60’s. All others are XT90’s

Left to right is:

• individual micro USB’s for VESCs, anti spark and charge port
  • throttle indicator lights for left and right
  • Davega OS (with arduino nano stuck on the back)
  • throttle and light controller
    -FSESC x4
  • 10s7p battery.

Inkedef877551157f31f9d3aac6e8ab292d490424a456_2_375x500_LI
what’s all that. It’s like series of series of series connections. You could make one stack of all those connectors without the wires

2 Likes

Right on I’ll look into how to do that. I bought them pre made.

That harness was build when I thought the esc’s were going to have to be closer to the wheels, before I built the harnesses to extend the phase and sensor wires.

All of this will be going away too.

Ah shoot this looks sick, I wish I had the funds to make a go-kart haha

1 Like

I wish I did too hahaha :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

You guys were spot on… I need to figure out a better solution to a running 3 splitters.

Could I just go from 8awg to 4x 10awg runs to the ESC without connector?

Im not proud of him, but this guy works great.

With some insulation after obviously

3 Likes

Turn that into a PCB and you got yourself an XT rail hub, not too chabby idea actually.
Might steal it

1 Like

The fact that all the connector in parallel are not the same bugs me out a lot more than it should

1 Like