Tiniest 12s bms with balancing

Okay so my enclosure has about 45mm x 105mm of space for a 12s bms.
But it seems like everything for 12s is either larger or doesn’t have a balancing function.

1 Like

Would this work?

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/rBG7uWI4

Yes, it says 13s but if you leave a note that you want the 12s version when placing your order they will send you the 12s version.

3 Likes

I’ve used these ones. 19mm high.

6 Likes

link for that guy?

1 Like

I belive it’s this-

https://litechpower.com/product-detail/HCX-D189LI12S35A_03.html

3 Likes

yeah I have checked those out before but they are unfortunately still too big. normally I just use the d140 heat shrink it with some thick stuff and stack shit on top of it, but for this build I can’t…

ohh sweet! always thought the smallest version of those were the the 18A version with a size of 50 x 63 x 9.
Have you used those tiny babies before? and if so how have they held up?

1 Like

I’ve used them and they work great in my experience.

1 Like

If you wait a few hours till I get home I could measure the exact size of a 12s version for you.

1 Like

That would be sweet, but if they are anything close to 35mm x 62mm x 12mm that would be small enough for me.
Was Daly the factory you contacted? there seem to be a lot of resellers on Aliexpress and Alibaba
selling the same range of bmses

1 Like

If it’s the red one, the connector is jst ph, not xh, which surprised me.

Yeah I think I read that somewhere else to. But splicing some nice silicone wires an hopefully a big glob of hotsnot will do the trick.

1 Like

Hello, is it possible to discharge through this? I’ve been looking for something just like this

Yes, I ordered directly from Daly.

1 Like

thank you!
you are an angel

1 Like

yeah I guess but 15A not going to cut it for a skateboard.

When I look at the spec sheet I see 35A continuous? I don’t pull many amps anyways I’m running dual 4.12 on 6355

I would not bet my life on aliexpress spec sheets.

4 Likes

yeah they have different sizes of the “red waterproof” bmses. keep In mind that it will be the combined amps drawn on both sides.
personally I would be scared of having bms cut off the power while riding so I would want some headroom.
I would look at 50-60 continue amps as a minimum for a discharge medium/low powered board with street wheels. and I would also look for something reliable that has been tried and tested.

1 Like

Aww balls

Seems like they have a separate unit for 12s use cases. Or can’t be bothered adjusting the tiniest 15a version.
Seems like the search has to continue… @M.Hboards if you could measure the size of the 12s version you got on hand that would be very helpful✌️

1. i am interested in the smallest 15A version. (with a size of 35mm x 62mm 9mm) is it possible to have the bms made for a 12s 18650 battery?

Ruby zhang: our BMS size is more than your required one if your batttery is Li-ion 12S with 15A , Daly BMS with size:50629mm for the 12S with 15A.

if your battery with 7S - 10S or 13S, our BMS with similar size as your one : 34*59*9.