TIME MEASUREMENT CAMERAS

What’s siping Pottsy ?

1 Like

The small cuts in the runway for water to dissipate while it’s raining

2 Likes

The runway im using doesn’t have them, I had the choice of two and one did have the 6mm by 6mm cuts. I elected to take the one without.
I hit a piece of foam asphalt with those grooves on the Pacific Hwy outside of Coffs Harbour at 100kmh and ended up with lane changing drift wobbles. Lol, I went to bail twice but stayed to save the board and luckier enough caught it in time. That moment still sticks with me today.
Ive just had to push the date forward to the 8th January to give the Australian Measurement Institute enough time to develop the speed certification system as it has to be done in the milli seconds. Fortunately it also enables me to step back from the administration side.

Looking foreward to see you do this.
I live a stone throw from a runway and have made the following observation. Maybe you can use that for something.
I have stopeded completely doing fast runs on the main runway. It’s very strange doing fast riding there. The color of the dark asphalt and the way its laid makes it very difficult to get a sense of the surface. Its too big/wide with nothing to break the continuous endless uniformity of the surface. Even though I know its in pretty good condition and nothing unexpected shows up I get the feeling that I dont know what will happen next and I have a hard time getting a feeling of how fast I go.

I use the smaller taxi roads along the runway. Here the color is different, there are painted strips and I can ride close the grass. Here I get a sense of me moving past something that makes it feel a lot more safe.

4 Likes