Throttle way to strong on VX1 remote

I’m currently doing my first build and my throttle is way too strong. I have the VX1 remote so ive been told as its UART im unable to do PPM mapping for throttle response. I’ve tried adjusting the throttle curve in the VESC remote app but that doesnt seem to make any difference either. Anyone got any advice?

That says it aready.

UART ≠ PPM

With PPM you can config it however you want. UART stays like it is, though you can switch between the modes (low - mid - high)

Remember: if you use the throttle without standing on the board it’s always agressive. Once you step on the board it doesn’t go to 100% instantly.

Depending on the cables you got you obviously can connect it via UART or go with PPM. If you only have the UART cable you can easily buy or order a typical PPM (PWM) cable and use that instead.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply. So my esc (Flipsky 4.20 Dual) has a cable attached for PPM input and ive connected up as per Flipsky manual for the VX1 remote. remote powers on and connect to reciever but no response on the trigger when going through input wizard

1 Like

Go into the vesc tool, connect to your vesc, go to APP and General
grafik

then check “app to use”

grafik

what does it say?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Run the input setup wizard on the home screen.

1 Like

Was about to say, run the wizard there, it should automatically give you real time data

@obietaco

1 Like

ok… finally got it working. my logic dictated i should plug usb cable into side 1 of the ESC but seems like if i plugged micro usb cable into the USB port on side 2 it works. thanks for all your help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ah we could’ve checked that first.

If your remote is connected to the slave side (usb2) then you definitely need to connect to side 2 to program it.

3 Likes

Hi folks. I see I have a similar predicament. Although I have mine via the ppm, I’m trying to figure out why in the ‘fast’ mode, with no load, it felt quite sensitive, but if I push to full throttle, it will make a weird thrum noise that doesn’t sound healthy. And also when I brake, after a second it starts to slowly roll in reverse albeit with a weird struggle thrum noise. I’m fairly certain I’ve set my motor values correct. This is also my first time trying to set up a remote. I couldn’t figure out how to disable the remote-motor movement, so I can tweak the trigger… Am I on the right track or failing miserably? :upside_down_face:

I’ve also set the control type to current, no rev, with brake. So that’s what boggled me why it want to go a little in reverse on full brake… :thinking:

1 Like

Are you sure you’re reading off the correct values from the VESC? Sounds like smart reverse. If you’re able to use UART, just use it, there isn’t really an advantage to PPM on the flipsky escs + vx1

It was the only way I could seem to get it to pair with the remote… :thinking:

Make sure you set the “APP to use” to UART when using it as a uart remote.

If not, PPM + UART in case you use a ble telemetry device

Ok I got it setup with uart now. But still does it… Although I think I’m most concerned about the max throttle cutout thing… Now it ticks and stutters a little on both med and high modes at full throttle. Lights on the ESC start flickering a bit. :thinking:

make a video and upload it on youtube

Here is a quick vid. The stutter and thrumming is far less now, on uart as opposed to the ppm. But it still does a little bit of stutter which still worries me slightly… The reverse tick is kind of gone, now instead it just starts revolving slowly in rev. I’ve got the motor current at only 30a.

What is your duty cycle and duty cycle current limit start set to?

1 Like

95% and 85% :thinking:

2 Likes