Thoughts on Flipsky VX1

So I was taking a break while riding and had my phone and VX1 in the same hand, and as soon as I loaded this webpage my controller disconnected with my board… damn interference

Maybe this could be why it disconnected once as I have my phone in my right pocket and VX1 in my right hand.

2 Likes

nobody talk about failsafe feature? for me its really important to have one

1 Like

its funny nobody can’t answer this question

1 Like

Yeah I am thinking vx1 loses connection sometimes when mobile phone is too close , I’ve tried to recreate it to confirm my theory but it won’t do it every time

1 Like

failsafe stop the packets to prevent false commands to the vesc (resulting the trottle is wide open if happen ) so nobody here know what i am talking about

I am unfamiliar with failsafe. My understanding is that’s a setting you set the receiver output to go to when it loses signal from the remote, and that it’s something the mini can do. the vx1 IIUC just drops to neutral when the remote disconnects.

I have done that disconnect test on the vx1

2 Likes

that’s why i prefer to have one more protection in case the firmware is bugging i think i will stick with my old ppm remote for now but some says uart is safer compare to ppm but i doubt . i use failsafe on my rc drone since 2011 and my rc plane and never one fail when i needed it. but i am not saying its the best feature in the world ! but it adding one more protection , my mountainboard can accelerate pretty fast at 12s and if my receiver fail and the trottle is stuck I hope i can react enought fast to pull the wrist kill switch

oh good call out. I was testing PPM style. I keep forgetting vx1 can also be hooked u uart style.

1 Like

You can set in vesc software to have a low continuous brake when signal is lost if i remember correctly.

As for signal issues, never happened to me. Sometimes the signal led flashes a few times in very, very crowded areas. Most likely negociating a new channel with the receiver

3 Likes

Anyone else having this happen? Did not do this before I went to new ESC/latest FW

I can expand the dead zone but I don’t see why this should be happening.

Did you re map the throttle? It make have reset the value for zero

1 Like

I’ll redo it, and i’ll take a screenshot of what it is currently set to.

1 Like

Is your deadband set to zero? I use 5% on my FS remotes.

1 Like

I don’t remember seeing it when I was going through the input wizard.
(I know where it is and how it works but it just wasn’t obvious that it needed to be adjusted while setting up)

I’m definitely looking at it closely this time.

1 Like

I guess I’ll just delete this pic I just took. Lol.

1 Like

I’m sure some people like more. I like a touchy remote.

1 Like

Yeah same here, I think mine is set to 3% which is just enough to not trigger without input

4 Likes

I think I have the same issue as you and In my case I believe it is due to a bad/worn potentiometer.

When I just start to pull the throttle slightly backwards, the output from my vx1 jumps around the interval 0 to -12% in vesctool.

I had to adjust the brake curve to exclude this unreliable range.

Forward throttle is ok but maximum value I can reach is 93% Also here I had to adjust the throttle curve to get 100%

Im on UART btw.

2 Likes

Interesting!

I’m about done charging so I’ll check it out in a moment here.

2 Likes

oh shit you know what I never updated the firmware on these

1 Like