what you doing for anti spark? glwb

The bestech bms has an inbuilt anti spark

I approve of everything except the name

2 Likes

It just doesn’t have that ring to it

1 Like

didnt exactly think for hours about the name

1 Like

nice so far! I often read sth about the flipsky motors arent that good in long term but also never had them myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

so i have set up my board and while waiting for my enclosure from @BigBen i have done some indoor testing

the acceleration and speed is fine however the brakes are really weak and i can shuffle the board with my feet even on full brake

anyone know how to help

if your board is on stand still not moving than you apply the throttle to full brake and kick the board with your leg it will move, it´s normal.
if you release the trigger, kick the board again and only than apply brakes it will brake, but as soon as it stays you could push it with your leg again.

1 Like

oh didnt know that haven really used it at any speed yet so will see when my enclosure comes from @bigben

So I tried the board out down my road yesterday and the acceleration and speed was fine but the brakes were loud and weak

And help

It just sounded like the belt was grinding against the pulleys

Need to up your battery regen current for stronger brakes -5 is really low.

I personally run -16 regen on both my 12s4p 30q packs.

1 Like

Pictures added

K will try

Is that -16 each or -16 overall

Ahh -16 overall.

With a 5p pack I’d do -10 for each drive.

Also are you having issues with low speed braking or braking at higher speeds?

Keep in mind that these aren’t mechanical brakes and even at full brake you’ll be able to push through it if your really trying. They can’t keep you at a standstill on hills or anything like that.

1 Like

Low speed braking

I realised but at low speeds it brakes after 3 meters so really weak and loud

Kk just making sure you can always try upping negative motor Amps to see if it makes a difference for ya.

1 Like

Will see and experiment

So was trying to do that and now for some reason the ppm input isn’t being passed over canbus

When I save it only the vesc with the receiver connected wheels turn

Help please

How are you getting on? In those photos your motor cables are far too tight and your wheel pulley retainer is looking a little funky? You also need to insulate the motor bullet connections, heat shrink after connecting them.
Hope you’re ok, not like you to have not posted for a while…

2 Likes