Thermal Throttle

What’s your gearing and tire size?

@glyphiks 16t motor, 78t wheel on 200’s

That seems pretty reasonable.

How’s your drive train? Everything aligned nicely? Belts not too tight?

Its the flux so all pretty tidy, no over tight belts, its the most annoying part about it, i felt i eliminated most things, the controller temps havnt gotten over 50’c from what I’ve seen, the motors are set (and rated) for 100’c… i might give it another spin today in the heat, do some hill work, take numbers.

I was worried it was battery sag, but then it came back to normal when it cooled down.

I was wondering if there were more settings i can look at in vesc tool that im unfamiliar with.

I ‘could’ lower motor amps, but im not really keen on that as a permanent solution

1 Like

Hmm. It seems odd. Your consumption isn’t even really high, your gearing and kv seems pretty reasonable and I would think you should be able to run 90A without too much issue.

Ideally you want some logging to see what’s going on.

1 Like

Yeah fuk… i also thought i was gunna have to do that, thats gunna be a little problematic, ill hook her up on the weekend and have a poke about.

Cheers

Battery amps made a big difference on my 16s setup. Dropping from 60 a side to 50 was the difference between throttling just cruising around the streets and being able to flog it and temps stay stable.

3 Likes

hmmm, thats got some possibilities, I’ll see what it’s set to tmoz (stoopid work today) and go from there.

Nice one, I had considered it but hadnt chased it through as yet

Are you running 18s with a 205kv motor?

No man, 12s9p