The year is 2022, Jason and MassiveStator is still a scam

NOTE, DO NOT BUY from MassiveStator!!!

I was helping a friend with a build and happy to report that MassiveStator with Jason behind it is still the same scam as ever!.

The Order

• 2x 6355 Motors Titan X55
  • 2x 15 tooth Steel motor Pulleys

What I got

Rusted and scratched motors, where the side of the “titanum” is pitted and rusted

Motor pulleys of different teeth count and one with a 8mm ID

Please Jason go away, kindly.

7 Likes

Have you mailed him about this? If so, what was his reply?

1 Like

11 Likes

Well the customer service rep, offered to send the correct motorpulley and I could expect some “machining” defects on the motors as it should not impede performance, no warranty no nothing so far.

1 Like

holy damn how can a niche business fuck up this bad? is the dude packing orders while pretending to have 6 online personalities and smoking potting compound?

4 Likes

Well if you don’t know Jason Potter, it’s kinda his deal, over selling his junk, then unable to ship orders of functioning items and then complain when customers are unhappy.

4 Likes

Well I certainly had that experience with 2 tenkas

Well, expecting it to ACTUALLY be titanium might have been a reach

The mismatched pulleys are ridiculous but at least they offered to fix it

Doesn’t the site state NO WARRANTY/RETURNS on a bunch of stuff?

Same old same old from the same old scummy scum

4 Likes

Well they list the motor bells as to be made out of titanium so I hope they are.

2 Likes

Oh there’s no way lol

It’s probably a titanium plating or coating on the outside

its not a lie its an incomplete truth.

2 Likes

battle-hardened on the inside & titanium tough on the outside.

Titanium Rotor

On the outside is a Toughened, Corrosion & Abrasion Resistant, Titanium Jacket.

They can say whatever they want, I say it’s a bunch of hogwash

It’s vinyl wrap. I will not be accepting any other explanations on the matter.

1 Like

“You can tell it’s a vinyl wrap because of the way it is”

4 Likes

The year is 2023, I came across this thread just before completing an order for 4 motors + 4 pulleys.

I admit at $99 per 6384, $59 per 6354, I care not what the bell is made from, nor for cosmetic perfection, BUT, I was turned waaaaay off by being asked to pay $40-$60 for shipping for a $400 order when I was already giving away some of the savings by paying $15 per steel pulley. I just got a bad feeling during checkout, headed here for “news”. Anybody deserves a chance to live just about anything down, but I’m in the mood for more instant gratification, in no mood for a shipping hassle.

If anybody has done biz through his site recently, nice to hear about it.

2 Likes

Look he ships you the stuff, but it’s never what is promised, I can almost promise you there will be hassle 100%, they probably mess one part of the order, one of the items is defective or another similiar issue which will cause you to wait even longer for your order to complete.

1 Like

I bought some stuff in early 2022, the ESC I bought blew up braking downhill at 20A and ~45V. The replacement was defective and wouldn’t run. They continuously blamed me for not knowing how to configure VESC settings. Sure, they replaced the product, but with a DOA one. They then claimed they were absolved of any responsibility as they sent me a ‘free replacement’.