‘The Wingtip’ | 10-pound commuter

reminds me of @whitepony somehow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Honestly, i think this log thread is almost an archive of recommendations at this moment

This thread was dedicated to “U1: Wingtip”
But during the work on parts, I’ve scraped almost every idea i had at the beginning and want to start all over again in 2021, with “U2: Winglet” as it was suggested

I think, that is the reason of my versioning problem explained here:
https://forum.esk8.news/t/the-bitching-thread-bitch-about-random-shit-get-it-all-off-your-chest/8694/2233?u=kntzn

So, stay tuned for new thread in the nearest future, I have a lot of interesting stuff to be done in January:
Upgrading the Ender

Going from avr to arm

And other not-esk8-related DIY

2 Likes

If this was in europe id have bought it in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Just weighed my coyote build, 8.5lbs! I’ll post pics tomorrow. Happy new year.

2 Likes

Damn it, Must’ve been a fluke on the kitchen scale, bathroom scale says 12 pounds.

4 Likes

3d printed mount ?
With what filament ? How does it hold up ?

Haven’t ridden it yet, just finished assembling, I’ll let you know. This mount is a prototype; caliber 1 trucks. It’s petg, all bottom layers, 0 infill pattern, only worried about motor heat at this point. I think I’ll print a cooling fan, found a post on endless sphere where they claimed the fan cooled the motor 20*c

Also need to reprint the bottom cover piece, it’s short a few mm.

Be careful with it, petg might not be strong enough to resist the vibrations

1 Like

I’ve experimented a lot with 3d printed mounts and in my experience single mount just doesn’t work, the plastic does flex a lot resulting in belt skipping. What works is a dual motor configuration with the two mounts connected with a threaded rod or something, that way it is rigid enough. However, the motor heat is still a problem. It doesn’t necessarily melt the mounts, but the plastic mount doesn’t dissipate the heat like aluminium, resulting in overheating motors really quick.

5 Likes

This motor is open, huge holes on both ends, I’m going to print the fan this weekend. This board is only ridden maybe two miles at partial throttle. Maybe a tensioner pulley allowing a more loose belt would be best to eliminate skipping.

1 Like