The "Why Can't" Thread

Ah I see what you mean now. Yeah, the wires do take up more space above and below the stator, but this space appears to be unused and available in some of the bigger esk8 motors anyway. If not, just make the can longer, the magnets don’t necessarily need to be longer.

1 Like

Why cant Mouser shipping be cheap :frowning:

2 Likes

Why cant manufacturers list ALL of their specs. Every single nut and bolt used should have its specs on the website where they’re sold. I am trying to fix my friends meepo hub that lost its hub motor cover due to lost screws and guess what? I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT SIZE SCREWS TO BUY.

7 Likes

Yess.

I lose so many nuts and bolts and nobody says what size they are. Once I get more experience I can probably identify them better but it would be very helpful to have that.

It just hurts to guess and order 100 of the wrong size.

Get one of these guys, it’ll save your sanity :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You can 3d print these too! Super helpful

4 Likes

They sell em at home depot, we usually just put them in a pocket and forget we have them there.

1 Like

Why can’t there be locking bullet connectors?
If a connector snags on something or comes loose and gets yanked out you’re gonna have a bad time. I’ve had bullet connectors on rare occasion pop out and it’s definitely unpleasant.

4 Likes

I do the extension cord trick if I have enough extra length. Not the best for wires but they shouldn’t be under any real tight strain anyway…

3 Likes

But it looks so clean without!

3 Likes

Fun fact the VESC FOC algorithm still manages to work with only two wires plugged in.

Albeit super jank

Also where did you get those cable glands.

2 Likes

They’re pg7 cable glands, lokman brand but they’re all basically the same if it’s also pg7.

4 Likes

Why are DIY remotes with telemetry never with an lifetime odometer? :frowning:

4 Likes

Mate, just had another heatsink around the connection once your sure :wink: :+1:
Do it on all connection you make with bullet.
It works from yrs on my builds! Lockedproof !!

1 Like

Dear @Battosaii @BillGordon , imo, at the begining the purpose of the crowdfunding was to support individual innovators who has some valuable prototype and do not have enough budget. Then if there was success in the campaing the innovator would;
*gather some budget to build a team to innovate more
*gain popularity to achieve sustainability
*get investors attention for some real investments
The system was so helpfull…

But then, as you ve mentioned, big companies with big budgets came into play and ruined that system, with putting the risk of R&D on the shoulders of the customers without risking any of their own!

5 Likes

:arrow_up: So much this. Crowdfunding as a concept has basically been ruined because it’s not practical to accomplish anymore.

Not unless you could somehow vet that each fund has been created by an individual with little or no business experience and that they are in no way backed by a large corporation… which as-of now isn’t really possible.

3 Likes

@b264 you might be right… But it really hurts to see that the community people do not believe in crowdfunding anymore…

2 Likes

@bourbon_norm Man I tried it and it worked !! Yeyy… But wait a minute… Damn, its too late, I am married…

1 Like

@DerelictRobot hey dude

2 Likes

He’s right.

Channels go on eMTBs & Street Carvers, not Skateboards.

1 Like