The Warlord MTB build: New Tomiboi MTB deck | Crazy E-toxx PKP trucks, gears-drives and hubs!!!

I got a battery made! She’s a biggin’. Almost the size of a car battery. While my battery making skills are nothing to write home about, to date… there have been no fatalities :raised_hands::grimacing:

10 Likes

So is that a regular BMS or a smart one?

1 Like

Regular. It’s stupid.

4 Likes

how much them trucks cost you?
they be making me drool

1 Like

I think the trucks, drives and hubs cost about $1500 usd all together.

2 Likes

I got my sink-plate/battery-bucket cover done.

13 Likes

Well, she’s done. I’m hoping to mount some toe-clips tomorrow and get a ride in.

I’ll have more pics and a ride video soon.

11 Likes

In every top-mount build you reach a point where you have to decide what you’re going to do with the wires that run from the ESC or battery to the motors. How you go about it depends on how you’re going to use the deck. If you’re going to be sliding on the bottom of the deck, you’re best to run the wires on top, but if you’re making a trail-runner like this one, you can run them along the bottom. That’s what I decided to do. Next, I just needed to find a way of doing it in a durable and tidy manner.

I found this cord-cover stuff and it seemed like a good material for making a “conduit” of sorts. It’s super rugged and inexpensive. I affixed it with heavy-duty mounting tape and then gave it the ol’ glue and screw. Hopefully it will stay if place. It covers the cords nicely and keeps things neat and out of the way,

12 Likes

I think yours looks better than mine…

9 Likes

Hey, if it works, it works :joy:

3 Likes

Those trucks are huge! How do they feel when riding?

I actually haven’t been able to ride yet. I’m working on mounting the bindings and then I’ll head out.
We’ve had a lot of snow here. It’s a mess outside. I’m hoping for a little bit of a melt off before I get any serious riding in.

6 Likes

I wanna see some ride clips!

Is your d75 batch 1? I was successfully able to run 140 phase amps on it with the latest firmware from makerx.

1 Like

I’ll get some ride clips this week. I got a new action-cam that I’m excited to put to work.

I’m not certain which batch it’s from, but I bought it a couple month ago. Programming it was kind of a pain in the ass. The ESC would disconnect within the last few seconds of detection and the the detection would fail. Because this wasn’t my first rodeo with VESC programming, I just kept trying and around the 40th attempt it worked.

4 Likes

It’s finally time to ride. The snow has melted off a bit and it’s supposed to be a warmish weekend. I hope to get a good ride video made.

@BenjaminF glamour shots

17 Likes

So the PKPs are suuuuuuper carvey. They also have a miniscule turning radius. I don’t think they have much merit at high speeds, but I still need to do some adjustments before I find out. Ride video tomorrow.

8 Likes

Here’s a kind of shitty ride video. I’m trying to learn how to use my new action cam more so than really making a good video, but you can still see the monster in motion. It will only waste about 3 minutes of your life. I’ll work on a better one.

5 Likes

It’s worth mentioning that I’ve played with alot of gear-drives now and these etoxx drives are the quietest that I’ve ridden.

1 Like

Dang, that is whisper quiet

1 Like

Bumping this thread because damn this build is rad.

@tomiboi how you liking this build these days?

2 Likes