The Truth, The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth (As Told By GillBordon)

Daily engaged users would be the stat I was looking for on usage

1 Like

290 today. YEsterday was 282. That one has a clear pattern to it depending on the day.

2 Likes

Could also be 1 000 000 or more. Unless all of the 1 000 000 users are simultaneously active together with you you will only see known (and much less unknown) faces whether you like it or not ;-).

1 Like

I strongly agree with your first few paragraphs. But the idea of involving patreon with the leadership system is wrong in my opinion. Shareholders rarely care about what’s best for the company, or in this case, forum. I really liked Damon’s attitude this past week about not giving a fuck if people halt their donations, which shows that he won’t let money be a deciding factor in how this forum is ran, and I think we should keep it that way.

7 Likes

@BillGordon my dood pls come bacc, we need you to curb the daily onslaught of fuckery that assails us :heart:

Trust me we’ve all apologised to one another and done a celebratory circle jerk to lube up the social tension :see_no_evil:

People donating are not shareholders. People donating are not out for monetary gain here. Wtf are people gaining from donating? Is there a monetary incentive I don’t know about over someone who hasn’t donated? This place was built up by the community. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the foundation of this place taken from the other esk8 forum? I don’t know Bill Gordon at all and have been lurking for months and one thing I know is that getting rid of Bill Gordon is a terrible idea. “I wanna apologize to Bill Gordon for silencing you and I know you spoke to the other guys for guidance and it was coming from a good place for the benefit of our community but since I’m on a power trip gtfo here!” Wrong play my man. The quality of this place will definitely be degraded 10x. Just my opinion.

6 Likes

“…Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely…”

• John Dalberg-Acton, 1st Baron Acton (April 5, 1887)
1 Like