The Trampa / VESC battery systems

Ya, I was looking for 3p or 4p. That’s an interesting idea to no load cells down to that size.

Something similar but only intended for diy powerwall.

https://youtu.be/wsvh22lCU2U

Huh that guy uses a free floating piece of aluminum placed on each battery terminal, doesn’t seem particularly safe.

@Battery_Mooch did you share your thoughts on these systems?

2 Likes

dont think they would cope with vibrations or high amp draw very well

1 Like

lol yeah if you had concerns about the trampa system this is the Wish version.

Only thought I has for making hold up (maybe) to our abuse is if you super glued the alu bits after you tightened them down.

2 Likes

Epoxy?

1 Like

The choice of adhesive is not important, nobody is going to do this.

Having epoxy mixed and ready for each one would be annoying.

Hi,

I want preorder the 21700 Pack but where i can buy the Tesla Cells If i dont live in the UK.iam from Germany.

2 Likes

idk where to get cells in germany have you tried Nkon?

https://eu.nkon.nl/rechargeable/li-ion/21700-20700-size.html

^these are good deals.

If you want tesla cells you need to buy an entire salvage Model 3 and take the cells out like this:

1 Like

Hi thanks for the Info.

Nkon is my favoriet Dealer and bought my last Cells at nkon.
Trampa sell 21700 with 5000mah and 15A con.
Nkon dont sell Cells like this.

2 Likes

is this your requirement?
Mooch is pending the release of the Model 3 2170 cell spec review the 15A rating has no info to back it up.

Just go with Samsung 50E if you can’t find salvage model 3 cells.

1 Like

Trampa only sell those cells for UK customers, so u will need to source the cells somewhere else

I know this, because i looking for an alternativ.

My Other 2 Packs 12S6P with vtc5 cells have 30A DC. I think 10A con DC a little Bit Low or iam wrong?

Ah got it, unless u need that kind of range, P42A isn’t really that far off with higher discharge

Wait…Does the trampa box even support P42A? The diameter is ever slightly bigger

1 Like

Trampa batterypack

Excellent question and I would bet not!

@Trampa that needs an answerin

1 Like

That is a very good question. If they do fit would it mean that the other smaller cells wiggle about?

2 Likes

I didn’t. I’m not worried though. Well, not any more worried than I am when thinking about all the salvaged cells DIY powerwall builders often use.

Powerwall is such a different application from esk8. There’s no movement/shock/vibration and the cell current levels rarely exceed a couple amps.

Would I prefer to see something more robust? Absolutely.
But pack construction like this can work if done carefully.

2 Likes

Even as someone with a ton more batteries than I could possibly make good use of I want this additional type. Just seems like a level above adding connectors and terminals to P-groups.

Do I want it $500 bad? well maybe… dreams in electrolyte

1 Like

might be wrong but if you changed out the “Glass-Fibre Cell Spacers” part for one with more clearance that would allow P42 (Would you really need more amps than a 5Ah cell allows?)
assuming those tiny gaps are more than .5mm

wait aren’t they longer too? eh could make it fuckin work. 70.5 iirc

1 Like