The Stage | Hummie Deck | Gummies | Dual VESC 6 | Dual 6355 | 10S5P | 3D Printed Enclosure

How wide and long did you route the cutout?

5 mm on the sides and 10 mm front and back

4 Likes

Just made a simple loopkey holder, just have to make a cut to the side of my enclosure and done

One thing I’m really struggling to decide is whether to install the BMS or not

I’ve run all this time without one, checking once a week usually

I have no problem with BMS’s, but I’m afraid of installing a cheap one only to have problems. Really hoping to get my hands on the FlexiLite soon, a DieBMS, but I would have to remove at 1P from the battery to it to fit, so no way I’m doing that

4 Likes

Like a glove

7 Likes

Everything cleared up, so much room for activities, just need to buy a 100 A fuse and probably a JST 3 pin for the PPM input

4 Likes

Well, shit

Just found out that the 4 corners of electronics compartment of the Hummie deck are cracked

@hummieee have you seen anyone with this problem?

I’m open to suggestions on what to do

It’s hard to say how deep it goes, my plan was to fill them with superglue

2 Likes

From the outside apparently the rear corners have also propagated

The front they are still contained to the inside but two layers deep

1 Like

Forgot the pictures

4 Likes

How long have you been riding this deck?

A few months, probably around 1000 km, not that much

This probably happened because I routed the hole

2 Likes

How much did you remove when you routed? I fear for my deck!!

5 mm to the side and 10 mm front and back, not that much, probably would have cracked without routing on the same riding conditions

there was some slight delaming of the carbon on a couple but ive never heard of anyone cracking it like that. if you hadn’t routed it Id send you another but cant if you route it. Ive seen some pretty crazy routing of the deck and cringed. I’ll give you 20$ off if you join the kickstarter. selling them for 110$ plus shipping.

looks getting dangerous

7 Likes

Thanks Hummie, no need for that, I know it’s completely my fault, just wanted to know if other people reported

I would love to get another one one but it’s simply too expensive with shipping and customs, I will go to a smaller board for now until I can go for a full mountain board

2 Likes

id do 30$ off.

haven’t seen that except one deck I had that got ran over. looked exactly like that and then some. infact I rode around with it about 5 miles pushing drunk that night till lost it on a hill…push up the hill and give the board one too many pushes and it went down the other side! the wheels and trucks were good and disappeared into 2am

3 Likes

id do 40$ off

10 Likes

Thanks, I will think a bit, one day I hope to go full Hummie build with hubs and all

Certainly the roads I ride put a lot of strain on in, big cracks, expansion joints, ridiculously bad roads and all

I just remembered now that when I lost brakes in a hill and bailed the board flipped on the side of the road, nothing extreme, but could have been the start, I will look in some photos to see if I can spot when the cracks started

2 Likes

Stop using it ASAP, and skin the deck with carbon fiber, bottom and top, 2 layers on bottom and 1 layer on top. Then put all the guts back in and rebuild it.

That’s what I would do, anyway.

edit: apparently someone beat me to the suggestion :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s part of the plan

I will keep it and probably do that in the future, other idea I had is to make some aluminum reinforcements on all 4 corners, maybe on top of the carbon fiber

My fear of laminating is that it will not adhere well, the outer bottom layer appears to be more cosmetic and less dense than the rest

This should go to the confession thread, but I couldn’t resist trying 10S5P@80A at least one time before taking it all apart

I’m not sure what is the best place to put the GT2b antenna, suggestions accepted

3 Likes