The Smörğasbord |trampa HS11|TB6|Kaly Drive|APS 6380 170kv| 12s5p QB26800

Man I love this thing, a few more tweaks and it will be perfect
6 Likes

Hmm running into some cut out issues, maybe you guys could give me an idea as to where to look for a solution. Here is what is happening, seems under heavy amp draw i get a cut out for a split second, then everything reengages, and board shoots forward lol. only does it if i am going up a very steep hill. any ideas? no faults recorded by metr

2 Likes

What was your battery at? Sounds like a dumb suggestion, but maybe it was a voltage cutout?

1 Like

Battery was well over 80% probbaly not votage.

1 Like

https://metr.at/r/5cHNw metr log

this is where it happened

metr show my motor current shooting to 200 from 130 and then the cut out happened
i am thinking it was a temprature cut out, look slike this happend when i hit max temp of 99c maybe i should raise my temp limit?

1 Like

You were dancing around the temp limit a few times, but I’ve never personally experienced my board cutting out due to temps so I can’t say it’s definitely it, but I can’t see anything else that might cause it, cuz nothing’s erroneously cutting out or jumping aside from motor current

I recently saw @RyuX installed cooling fans on his motors, maybe print some out and bump up that temp limit cuz that’s hot as balls

2 Likes

@Jujo

Fair to say that those cooling fans mostly are there to look cool - they don’t really help much on the closed can motors :frowning:

2 Likes

Had the same issue with unity and it was being caused by thermal throttling

3 Likes

Maybe lose some weight next time gosh @CiscoV

1 Like

Aw man :cry:
I feel fat now :weary:

1 Like

i am running sensorless, so couldn’t have been motor temps, had to have been ESC temp, this is on dual TB 6

1 Like

Part it out. That’s The only solution I see here. :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

LOOL i think yeah

2 Likes

Yesss. I’ll take the vescs

2 Likes

Do not trust the tamale man. You don’t need to part it out. You can just give it to me

3 Likes

You gonna snap that thing in half man

3 Likes

:pleading_face:

10char

3 Likes

looks to me like you’re hitting the mosfet temperature ceiling

what are the esc temperature limits you’ve set on vesc-tool?

3 Likes

lol so much drama XD