The Singularity™ bushing design for Channel trucks.

Also

The Singularity - a hypothetical point in time at which technological growth becomes uncontrollable and irreversible, resulting in unforeseeable changes to human civilization.

I know…a bit dramatic for sure!

1 Like

If that’s the actual definition we reached it when we learned to make fire :rofl:

2 Likes

Propel endeavor one piece bushings:

1 Like

So it’s like a hydraulic spring?

1 Like

Fwiw Hunter board now has a one piece bushing and Mario told me it is much better control wise than the old standard style longboard bushings

2 Likes

That is one way to look at it. Urethane has tremendous load bearing capacity and if fully contained, a 10a material will support the same weight as a 95a material since like water, it does not compress. If it is given some place to go, the 10a will squirt out like a watermelon seed.

6 Likes

It suddenly makes more sense why Paris vs Caliber feels so different

1 Like

Bushing seat wise?

Yeah

1 Like

This is a reslly nice nugget of info! Thank you
This explains how a cupped washer can make a good bit of difference in ride feel.

3 Likes

Cupped vs flat washers offer ones of the best and least expensive tuning tools we have in our quiver.

5 Likes

This Hunter Board?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the old design, the new one is different

Why did they bring the old design to ESK8CON?

Because they only had one prototype of the new design, and one of them was riding it on the track / demo-ing it on the track most of the time

I’m going to be editing together my interview with them soon, but here’s a screencap from my ungraded footage

Based on the same kind of uni-body idea you have, I think

Of course, their linkages and whatnot will treat it differently than a normal bushing seat, or even a channel truck

5 Likes

This doesn’t affect me I just like clarity; is the new bushing design plug n play compatible with the older versions trucks, or nah?

1 Like

Sort of a cam plate then.

This is a good question that I should have asked while interviewing, but did not think of.

We are wandering off-topic since this is Brad’s thread but I thought it was relevant for comparison

Yeah that’s what it seemed. I’ve not seen it disassembled.

He said it allowed both higher speed stability and low speed carving. I did not get a chance to actually ride it, but I think I will have an opportunity to try it out soon?

It is designed for this version: 12211 - MBS Metal Matrix II Top Truck - Black (1) — MBS.COM

2 Likes

Please make some for trampa trucks!!

2 Likes