The Red Oni, Powell Peralta Kevin Reimer

yeah I’m on the east coast (live in Jersey City, Hoboken, NYC area)

Yeah because my pulleys run bearings from end to end so theres three bearings per pulley

Dude we will do some skating then… I’m from AL. Looking to do a winter meet in the south in the next few months

1 Like

Makes sense! That is cool. I might go 150mm hangars and wider axles then!!!

1 Like

into it. if your ever up here I’ll show you some good rides too (insert sexual overtone)

1 Like

For sure! I’m gonna have to get up there to hang with my honey @Kaly again

3 Likes

Hell yeah Ernesto is def the big homie around here. I need a Kaly deck to build only thing I have from him is his old straight cut gears

3 Likes

Yeah! Him, Mike, Mike, and Retarded pillow are my MF Bois from Jersey City/NYC
@Brently

2 Likes

Maiden voyage under its own power went well!

I will be fine tuning the set mechanical pieces, I want this thing to be stable above 30.

So far this looks to be no issue, on the brief ride I went on this morning to get to work everything felt pretty damn good. I just tightened the trucks a little bit. Might get some harder tall bushings too. I usually like bushing duro’s in the 88-92 range.

Next steps outside of the fine ride feel fine tuning:

Figure out if AT swappable set up will be possible. I bought some 28 OD x 8 ID bearings to run some superstars but the axles aren’t long enough. There are other options, just need to take some measurements.

Gotta live up to the name so I need some more red on this thing. I’m think about doing a red carbon vinyl wrap on the enclosure. Might do some grip stripes with some red vicious grip tape I have too.

Once the new Boardnamics idler mounts are done they will go on this thing. I wanted to mount the motors under the board but I don’t think I’m going to be able to, the non-idlers hit the bottom while turning and the idlers are longer so I’m prob going to need to keep them out back.

Might do a battery display too not sure yet. I made a little display with a male plug soldered up to it so I could check its level for now.

4 Likes

Added a led battery % display.

Drilled and then Dremeled out the enclosure:

Put a clear cover on the hole to try and keep the grime out:

Installed with heat dissipating double sided tape:

Done:

2 Likes

Those trucks are sick!!!

yeah @Psychotiller did a fantastic job with them. I’m putting another set on one of my Lacroixs as well.

Been riding them for about a month now and they are probably my favorite trucks. For reference I’ve built with Caliber II’s, Surfrodz TPKs, TB218s, MBS matrix II’s, and Trampa Infinities.

3 Likes

Interesting that you prefer them over MBS or trampa…

I’ve been getting back into the “skateboard” feel of pivot trucks. Nothing beats the feeling of thane on clean pavement.

4 Likes

Can you give some info on the motor and mount setup. Looks like it hugs the truck really well

1 Like

Motors are maytech 170kv 6365’s
Mounts are made by @Boardnamics, these are the non idler versions. Just got the idler version in the mail, gunna install those soon.

Ah was just the angle in the prior photo lol. I have the same mounts

1 Like

So after bending some tiller hangers I’m gunna see if 3DS ones hold up. They might be doomed from the start but I’ll do it for Science, plus they’re pretty sexy.

Swapping out the nano drives from my TB218’s to the 3DS hangers. Also got some pre-cut maytech 170kv 6374’s for a steal on FB.

Got some fun VESC’s for this one too, I’ll post once I get the anti spark for them my old one blew.

2 Likes

I love the ever-present mallet.

I love that thing haha

2 Likes