------The Purple One------14S9P-------4WD--------Red Ember 44-------

Looks shit. Good name tho.

That trick with the ziptie on the tunnel riser is fucking genius.

Been a journey following your progress on this build dude stoked that you finally made it!

9 Likes

I love this build. One of the best I have seen as well! The attention to detail is on another level! Great job dude!

3 Likes

So pretty! I love all the purple. Maybe one day I’ll be able to afford a red ember deck

…probably not. Great build

4 Likes

hell ya you know it does :smirk:

3 Likes

This is a great idea.

I’m also blushing because you love my naming convention so much you’ve adopted it.

Nice build, man!

6 Likes

Thanks for the compliment. There were many times during the polishing or the enclosure that I asked myself why I was doing this.

Yeah, it was a choice between aesthetic and function. The heatsinks that I used are really tight on the lip. There wasn’t much room for the fiberglass to catch the lip and it needed a skim coat. If I need to open the fins some in that area, it wouldn’t take much. I have a theory that at speed there probably isn’t enough air flow to make a difference. I’m betting that there is a dead zone behind the hanger/motors/drives and that we are relying on the mass/surface area of the heatsink more than the airflow. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I’m very bad about overheating ESC’s but hoping that 4WD and those heatsinks will not get too hot. I’ll update here with logs if so.

5 Likes

No range numbers yet but I am taking three weeks off in the month. Hoping for some warmer days.

Thanks for the perspective on the hassle. lol

3 Likes

It’s a cell clearance vs ground clearance issue that is tough to keep us all happy. I have seen a good bit of 44’s with a thick gasket. Part of my issue was bigger awg series wire being in the exact places that the deck needed to sit inside the enclosure.

It is stagger layout.

3 Likes

I was contemplating doing another build thread but then saw this masterpiece and got embarrassed. The attention to detail and all the patience with polishing and sanding. Dude, amazing.

Love the skin design, brilliant workmanship on modifying the enclosure for heatsinks and incredible commitment to get everything just right.

And as others have mentioned, the ziptie on tunnel riser :clap:. Simple things are the best. I had so much trouble with mine haha.

7 Likes

@JeffyJ thanks for the kind words.

Don’t let this build keep you from posting yours. Last year @skate420 posted her build and it was so clean and innovative that I didn’t post a build that I had finished the same week for my kid.

I still regret it today. Renee’s build was next level but it didn’t mean my build wasn’t worthy of being seen and discussed. Post it!

18 Likes

Shit, red ember 44 builds like these put our urban carver whaling boats to shame!

P.S. Where do mere mortals get these Reacher motors?

3 Likes

I ordered my reacher tech motors directly from their alibaba listing, here.

2 Likes

:eyes::man_facepalming:t2: omg bro about time! Can’t wait to see some logs, what’s the top speed on that? And how much does it weigh?

3 Likes

:joy: yeah, kind of a long burn on this one.

Top speed is indicated at 55mph with the 155s on OSRR but no idea actual.

Weight isn’t too heavy to move but I definitely lift with my legs. I’ll get a weight soonish.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. Having read your adventures with them, I will either stick with Flipsky or splurge for Bioboard mad cans.

3 Likes

They’ve got some issues but are the best performers I’ve used yet. I like the newer FS too but these seem to run cooler.

I think @Tony_Stark may have had better luck with his order than we did. I know it looked like his phase wires were higher quality.

4 Likes

My first batch had random sensor issues but I believe I have resolved this for the next batch along with some other improvements

5 Likes

Good deal. I had so many issues with my 8 that I’m not sure I could support that company again. It’s a shame because they do perform well. I just wish they would warranty the one that’s machined fucked up. It’s never even been used and they still won’t stand behind it.

4 Likes

^^ Like Tom is saying we had a lot of problems working with Reacher, not planning on doing business with them anytime soon.

1 Like

Dude I am deeply impressed an humbled by the amount of work that went into this, the finish on that enclosure it unreal! Amazing job, very inspiring. Hope to ride with you someday to have the Purple and the Green side by side :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes