[the painkiller] | 4WD | 12s28p 50G 6kwh | redember 44" | VESC HD60 | 6385 173kv | remote gt2e | 3Ds FatBoy GD helical 1:3 | flexiBMS

well guys, I’ve had exactly one full ride in march (Mar 26, 2022 - metr.at | 3CMiF). started with 30% charge and did over 50km. it was nice.

few days after I charged to full, and one of the HDs died when I pulled the trigger (Mar 29, 2022 - metr.at | Jqw3v). I just remember the feeling of falling to the right and the board going to the left under some cars. so the failed HD60 went to trampa, and I should receive it sometimes this week.

however, this is really heavy build. I suppose that I’ll ride it a couple of times this summer, and then sell it to somebody who has an elevator to get to his apparment :smiley:

5 Likes

aww ur gonna sell her bummer :frowning:

Goddamn this build :open_mouth:. You need some tank treads on this thing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just get a more appropriate apartment for the board! You can’t sell it after all the effort!

8 Likes

or house, but yea feels like a waste for all the time u put into to try and sell it, thats ur baby

What’s the final weight?

shit, I cannot find the image :smiley: but I’ve written it in a recent post - 46kg

2 Likes

up!

another update! got back from norway, tomorrow picking up the hd60 @Trampa sent me. hoping for some luck winding this together on a software level. last time was pain to calibrate. and, well, was also unable to run on 12S

I need to move out into a new space, and would rather appreciate this being in one piece :smiley: (also, three more subjects in the picture)

5 Likes

I’m getting tired of opening and closing this board :smiley: the construction is rock solid, but pain to put together :smiley:

at least I updated my ancient davega from v1.3.0 and gave this board a face

I did new calibration. the new hd60 feels solid, however the old one has some issues. I tried swapping motors on this one (vesc ID 111 and 116), and it started returning correct data. what the heck… apart from the same results on 116. how is that possible?

I tried rolling in my room from one side to the other, and noticed that sometimes one motor has problems listening to go to reverse (running hyst) and takes fraction of a second to respond like the other three.

has anybody tried testing boards under load before real use? like on a threadmill or something. essentially duplicating a dyno for cars. I’d like to have more confidence before going in the streets

3 Likes

sure i’m late to the party…
but wow. wow. wow.

I’m so happy you built this thing. :smiley:

8 Likes

building is one part, but riding it… :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about a test rig for a while now. I will build one eventually. I think a treadmill with belt might be harder to make consistent than two rollers.

nah just SENDDD ITTTT
slowly with lots of gear

You can try foc openloop to stress test the ESCs too

1 Like

Senddd itttt to me… I’ll figure it out. :smiley: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

California is too far :smiley:

However I’d not be too against lending it to somebody to stress test it for me :smiley:

1 Like

Solid build, I’m sure you can break some ankles with how heavy it is going 20 mph :rofl: There are some nice off road hills where I live and just straight roads if you got the need for speed, I finished my first build a few months ago. For a budget of 400$, it runs pretty damn smooth. I skate in general so way before this I always went hillbombing, committing to a speed test on my build was no biggy. I got it up to 32mph. 0 speed wobbles from my Caliber III trucks with medium tightening on the bolt to solid balance :joy: its the fastest it can go (for now :wink:) Do not sell something you worked on. Especially putting so much time into perfecting it, I’m sure you can find a solution for your living situation. Maybe start off slow and get used to how it performs. Then gradually just increase the speed, tame the beast before you hop on!

4 Likes

“That isn’t a last mile vehicle, its a last 100 mile vehicle”

2 Likes

I reckon you can get far more than 100 miles with it as long as you arent riding like a nutcase

Lets say a fairly aggressive 40wh/mi, you’d get like 150 miles out of it :rofl: