The no effs given Mörder Börd

Indeed, that’s why I didn’t have the heart to switch back to the 6384 drive train. Even though the 80100’s consume atleast 25% more energy the torque is to fun to part with :grimacing:

2 Likes

Even with hardware like nickel? Thought they only stopped shipping cells over seas

2 Likes

Good point. I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like

Yesterday i gave it a taste of it’s natural habitat, should probably add some grip tape and fenders…

19 Likes

This board is sick

6 Likes

Excellent build, I am in awe of the power delivery. I’ve been watching your YT vid, you are insane and I love it…i will come to your funeral :slight_smile:.

7 Likes

Thank’s for the kind words! Insane/mental/crazy/wicked etc are all among my favourite compliments :grin:

6 Likes

Wow that is some serious range and power!

1 Like

Been a while since i updated this thread, the build has seen some changes during the year. It now mostly rolls on 10" diamond threaded tyres for that extra off-road capabilities. Along with the tyres I’ve also mounted 3d printed fenders on mounts that I made out of various metal sheets had laying around in the garage. I would say that it works in favour for the already murderous attitude that the board shines so brightly of.

Since the diameter of the fenders are 29cm i had to split them up in 2 models in order to fit on the printing bed. One rear and one front part for each fender. A good solution nevertheless since it will take less material to replace a broken fender.

Other small changes include a larger Vesc box in order to fit the big reciever for the Maytech “evolve style” remote that I bought a couple of months back, sidenote - easily the best remote i’ve tried so far.

The new box is a slight modified version of the old one, still based on Lee Wrights design but extended at the top, i also decided to remove the support for the vesc’s and only keep the “middle wall” of the 3d printed design. The vescs are now mounted on a aluminium platform that I screwed to the deck with vibration dampeners in between. This also provides good airflow to keep temperatures nice and low. The lid is fully 3d printed and the big bronze heatsinks no longer serves any purpose, kept them since i like the way they compliment the appearance. Seems that I didnt take to many pictures of the box assembly but here’s what i got.

I do have big plans for the board during the coming year, this is it for now though!

-Cheers

8 Likes

not sure what more you could do to that board as its a beast aleady

2 Likes

It can always improve! It is lacking a drivetrain on the front, for now… :grimacing:

7 Likes

i am currently saving up to litterally build a beast like this
something stupid like 12s15p for the battery and 4wd gear drive

1 Like

Go for it! If i got to do it over again i would deffo have gone with 4x 6374 motors from the start rather than the 80100’s

3 Likes

Saving up for it

So it’s been another half year or so, time to share the “recent” changes. Actually i upgraded the board to 4wd sometime during mars/april, just been to busy to give it some proper time in the wild or even post any content of it. Nevertheless i can always share some pictures!

Added front drivetrain is esk8.ru geardrives ordered last fall and APS 130kv motors i had laying around. Managed to match gear ratio and kv perfectly even though the rear motors are 180kv. Added another 2 genuine vesc 6’s in addition to the two that’s been serving me for years.

Rear motors runs at 130 phase amps and 80 batt amps each, front runs at 80 phase amps and 40 batt amps each giving a total of 420 (blaze it) phase and 240A batt. Using to much power on front wheels did not help that much for off-road since wheels just went out of control all the time. Power is okayish, will probably build a ludicrously high discharge pack as next upgrade just for the heck of it.

18 Likes

Huge respect for the work that went into this great board mate. Was (and still is) a huge inspiration for me🙂
…especially in also choosing a massive battery pack😂

I assume you still run it on the 10" (Veloce - 6605 ?) tires.
How are they performing so far and would you still recommend going with that large tires?

3 Likes

Many thank’s mate!

If i would start from scratch today and had a garage to store it in i would go for a psychoframe if the purpose was purely off-road like i intended for this board. The 2.4kwh battery is way overkill in heinsight, nice to know i got the range but i never ever use the full capacity of the battery, a 12s8p/16s6p p42a pack would do the job nicely imo. In the meantime this one is still all kinds of fun and capable of blasting almost all types of terrain

The 10" tyres i used was just those generic tyres that you commonly see on wheel barrels or hand trolleys etc. Worked great for off-road and lasts forever but now i mostly run 9" diamond threads as a compromise since 10" are terrible for road use. They just make the board very scetchy at higher speeds and 9" can deal with most off-road scenarios already

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations, always better than learning it the hard way! :grin:

Yeah, for pure off-roading the Psychoframe is for sure a great, if not the best, solution at the moment.

For mixed terrain/long distance riding I think I’ll give the massive battery in combination with 9" tires a try. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Helped me a lot!

2 Likes

Learning the hard way is part of the fun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: maybe not for the wallet though…

Glad i could help and good luck with your build!

3 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better :joy:

Thank you! Looking forward to present, and of course shred it :grin:

1 Like