The Neo | First Build

Some final pictures with the grip design, it’s just a simple tessellation i printed out and then cut out of generic black jessup

21 Likes

Looks perfect :+1: Congrats for a 1st build !!
Enjoy :v:

3 Likes

Have you installed any sort of gasket yet?

2 Likes

If using it, the lid will not be flush with the top of the deck rigth ?

2 Likes

The lid sits high on mine anyway so I need to address that somehow.

2 Likes

I dont have a gasket on it yet, still working out some details, will probably just use some of that sheet gasket material and cut it by hand. The lid did sit flat but the inserts I’m using aren’t flush so it pushed it up 0.5mm, not a problem in reality.

4 Likes

Very nice! Do you think it is possible to ride that deck with 6-8 inch pneumatic wheels?

I think is too big. Is design for use 80-90mm wheel.

1 Like

Absolutely no way whatsoever you’d even be able to get them on the trucks let alone ride it.

Not even if you would use channel/MTB trucks from Trampa or MBS (which are longer than conventional skate trucks if I am not mistaken)?

1 Like

Yea this is true, but you are going to have a hard time getting g those trucks in this deck.

They have a much larger baseplate and they are set at way different angles.

You would need a custom CNC riser that has standard mounting holes then 30-35 degrees and MBS sized mounting on the bottom.

I don’t think it’s worth it

Yes, sure. I have MBS trucks and the risers from 3DServisas, see Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!, so I guess that, in principle, the stuff necesseary to try is there.

2 Likes

Or …
you need extended base plate if so,… but and I don’t think the structure of it will appreciate it :

But your solution will work :+1:

3 Likes