The Mountain Wolf // Moon's Helical AT drive, Custom MTB deck, Stormcore 60D, 12s6p, etc...)

Actually yea good point! That should be doable.
The wedges could be 3d printed.
But then I would have to start playing with the bend angles and stuff. Unless somebody has good examples to show me?

bro same… :grinning: I have been skating only for a year

2 Likes

This could be a good start

I’ve got @Creavenger pads on my board, I think they work really well, although I’d maybe make then 5mm taller and a bit wider perhaps, given the extra width of your deck. (300mm width sounds awesome to my big feet)

If you were to try a GeorgS deck mk3, then you could print an elongated and solid (current version has versioning not 50% fill) version of the pads. It’s not a massive uprisr, but definitely noticeable.

Anyway, I hope you don’t mind me going on about this, when this thread is about you overall build? I just love what you’ve done.

2 Likes

thx for the link, saves me a lot of guess work!

I checked the Kaly decks too and I think I could try to make mk3 deck with a concave. But I think the concave might be similar to flux deck. It would run the whole length and would not be as agressive as on kalys.

I think the whole length is better anyway. And Kaly’s is too aggressive an uplift for my liking. They’re more gas-pedals than concave.

I wouldn’t suggest stealing someones design, perse, but the Lacroix Prototipo is a much revered deck on this forum. You’re not far off it already to be fair, great minds think alike.

Well there ya go, more food for thought :+1:

2 Likes

We may have just found a way for you to fund this expensive hobby! :joy:

1 Like

I have to make few calculations first :grinning:, the babmboo was quite expensive. But that sh*t is real quality. I might have some time next weekend to make one mk3 and give it to somebody to judge. Then we can put a price on it!

Also I have to buy a new bandsaw blade, the GF layers in the deck rounded the teeth like it was made of butter.

1 Like

It sounds like quite a satisfying project! Whatever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy the journey.

I’m only just finishing my first build, so there are better people out there to assess the prototype (although I’d never say no to a free deck! :rofl:).
But I am keen to watch the progress and get on board (pun intended) in a month’s time if you decide to produce a handful of them. I’m already looking ahead to build a 2nd board just like yours for urban/AT use

Keep up the good work mate!

1 Like

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :speech_balloon:…Group Buy… :speech_balloon: :speech_balloon:

1 Like

I have been quite busy lately. I have been looking to buy my first home. Anyway… this weekend I should be finishing the second build. So look out for first impressions and hopefully I can deliver few nice ride logs, maybe even a video😏

If it doesn’t develop any mayor issues right away then the next weekend should be free for making decks. No promises tho!

2 Likes

daaannnggggg makin big moves!! Good for you dude! It’s tough out there rn, shit be flyin like hotcakes. Good luck tho, and I’ll be watching :eyes: :grin: :black_heart:

Also, not sure if you’ve seen these thingies: https://www.sabre-dynamics.com/a-60755916/shop/sabre-blades/
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah I saw their launch thread! Are telling me to integrate similar design into my deck mold, or suggesting that anybody who would like a concave could buy those addons from Sabre?

I don’t really see the need for concave together with bindings… Well I have never stepped on a concave deck so I don’t actually know what I am talking about. Maybe it’s the shit and I am missing out??? :thinking:

1 Like

:point_up_2: THIS

Also probs true

Ight I think this build is finished for this year. Unfortunately I only had one good week after I got it buttoned up and then it started raining… and I didn’t get a chance to take more cool shots.

Also @whaddys & @HarryForks I guess making these decks is postponed till next summer. I don’t want to promise anything sooner. I am busy again with uni / work and really don’t have motivation to build anything.

9 Likes

No worries man, keep me in mind tho :blush:

1 Like

Don’t you already have the ChooChoo to play with?

You’re not wrong. That one’s done tho after fixing the enclosure. And then there’s another one that’s just a bunch of parts that’s pretty much done once I get the enclosure finished that’s waiting on CF from AE. Gotta have 3 boards working simultaneous , ya know??

Oh dude trust me I know, 4 for 4 on the healing benches

1 Like

Sure thing

How’s your 60D serving you? Does it have enough power for you?

Yes, no complaints form me.