The Long Story | 12s3p | Custom CF+FB enclosure | Landyachtz BattleAxe 40" | Unity | 6384 190KV

Ah Ha! So you’re the reason I want to build a Battle Axe! I saw a pic of your board somewhere, facebook or Reddit maybe, and haven’t been able to forget the look since. I think LY has discontinued the 40 and only makes 38" now tho. Love the build dude glad to see you posting about it! Maybe I’ll get there one day.

1 Like

Thanks! I would love to see your future builds

2 Likes

UPDATE

The battery is getting old and only charges to 40.5V :upside_down_face:

I decided to build a 12s3p 40T pack to replace the 10s4p VTC6 unit inside currently.

Got the p-groups done today

EDIT

I forgot to mention I got rid of the TB218’s and got myself some SR RKP trucks slightly used from @Arzamenable

EDIT2

I’m done with the battery, gonna install it tonight I hope.

11 Likes

Dude, I’m using the exact same welding pen lmfao. How you liking it?

1 Like

It’s a bit too small for my hands. But by the time my hand starts to hurt the wires get too hot so it works out lol

Beautiful low design :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks man! It does wonders for stability!

Wow!!! What happened? Phase wire short or something? I came here to look at pictures of your battery, but it looks safe and built with best practices. :confused:

Yeah battery was not involved.

Exactly. And it set my enclosure on fire. I was using the default bullet connectors on the unity :confused:

The board (other than the unity, which is fried) is 98% okay! Just need to solder new bullets on the motor and drop my recently purchased (while waiting for the J train) 60D in its place. Pics of the “damage” below

6 Likes

cray cray!

She’ll be back up and running tonight!

5 Likes

Hows it been on the 60D?

I guess it probably hasn’t seen many rides over the winter,
would love to see more bout this board tho!

1 Like

I love the deck shape.

1 Like

Yup :confused: the little I rode it was fine. I absolutely need to get a hoyt receiver in this thing asap

Thanks bro! The entire build was conceived around that deck. I cracked the first one (many years ago) and this is now the 2nd.

Also I just realized I never updated this with the swap done. I guess because I don’t find an esc swap very interesting. Anyways this is her next to her siblings

4 Likes

Cyboard looks pretty rideable in that pic :eyes:
You got all the electronics set in there yet or na

3 Likes

Its been a million years but I feel like I need to update. This board is getting OLD but still runs perfectly! The only update I have parts wise is these wheels from @TheGoodMomentum . So far I LOVE THEM. My more details thoughts are in his product thread. I’ll link it later if I remember

15 Likes

The board makes them look good!

4 Likes

Is that a Cappuccino!?!?!?

2 Likes

Haha yes it is, belongs to my roommate, I barely fit in it and I’m 5’10

1 Like

IT STILL RUNS lol

This is the only board I have that makes sense with the radium wheels, still need belts tho

4 Likes