The Last VESC TOOL Update

Luckily i’m not someone who refuses to update. I just want a Plan B or C as an backup.

Sure, that FW bug with the unity is unfortunate and has to be prevented from happening again. Thats why my idea to not release those with serious bugs.

Both sides won’t make everybody happy, thats for sure.

1 Like

Thank you Frank, you’ve always been awesome sharing your knowledge with the communities. 2 1/2 years ago when i built my 2 diy’s, i was stuck and you helped me get my board and my sons board going, your knowledge is always appreciated. Gonna follow the manual you linked and i’ll let you know the results. Thanks again.

1 Like

LoLz

Fixed that for you :wink:

1 Like

Yes we CAN

5 Likes

I prefer the reliability of two independent ESCs where one failing won’t bring the other one down, even if it takes an extra couple minutes to program. (aka: two remote receivers) Do you have any plans to officially support this?

1 Like

Actually you can plug in a second dongle and when needed (one VESC down), you can log into the slave (via App) and pair to that. It takes 20 seconds to pair a remote. No calibration needed. Then you are good to go again.

But if I’m already rolling down the road in traffic at high speed when the failure happens, that’s ridiculously unachievable before a crash.

When it “just works” is far better.

AKA dual independent systems – without CANBUS or Split PWM (“PPM”)

Brian, you already have that by using 2 vescs with 2 receivers.
What more do you ask for?

Advocating the official recommended way to use be a lot safer than they are. My rear end has been saved before because of not using the CANBUS link.

It is a software matter, pairing two dongles to one remote, while getting RT-data from only one VESC, while being able to upload profiles to both. Code it!

I get what you are saying and redundancy is always a good thing.
However vesc6 with CAN have proven to be reliable.
Can you get more reliable?
Sure you can. Just use 2 batteries eg 2 x 10s2p instead of a 10s4p , 2 vescs, 2 receivers etc.
However the chances of falling because of a street plate or a hole in the tarmac are still a lot greater than a properly made and setup esk8 running CAN.

Redundancy is good, and we will look into a FW that allows twin pairing. One thing after another…

2 Likes