The Jankinator| Evolve bamboo GT | Eboosted enclosure | TB/BN 220~ trucks | TB 97MM 78A | Oust MOC 7's | 2x TB 6374 190KV | 2x TB 4.12 VESC |10S5P Samsung 30Q w/smart BMS | Flipsky VX2 |

First I have to start off with a massive shout-out and thank you to @BillGordon for helping me along the entire process of my build and helping protect my wallet along the way. I am forever grateful.

Along with @skyart for all the help he has given me and all the parts he sold to me at great prices (including the amazing battery!) If you ever need a top quality battery from a top quality person he will be my first recommendation.

And a massive thank you to everyone in the forum who has helped me along the way or sold me some parts!

Now let’s checkout my new child! He is still a growing boy. He will change alot over time. And just like me is very moody and difficult! I love him! He also has no name as of right now. Here’s the wallet photos!

Now I can ride like a maniac!! :crazy_face:

Update: I’ve since added a 2nd motor and vesc for a full fledged 2WD drivetrain :smile: definitely worth every penny! Now I can run these pneumatics somewhat successfully!

If you can’t tell from the look of the motors… It has been a massive undertaking and trial of errors to make everything work together properly. But I’ve finally come to a point where everything is solid for the most part and now I can focus on quality upgrades over making it actually work and stay together on a ride!

My next plan is to get some extension brackets to mount the front truck further forwards (my shoes hit the wheels with my regular foot position so I have to adjust my front foot much further back then I usually ride.) I am also about to order some hypa hubs with a bearings adapter so I can use my current trucks. I’ll use these tires until they are junk and then get some 6.5 inch urban treads!

17 Likes

:heart::+1: that is one nice hot rod!! Looks great bro!

4 Likes

Nicely done, good sir! Cool to see you properly geared up as well and ready for many miles ahead.

4 Likes

How about “board go brrr”

3 Likes

Good to see what you’re working with man! Any of your needs not met with it or is it everything you wanted and more?

1 Like

needs a name

TB ONE

(It’s a one motor Bamboo and almost everything else is Torqueboards)

3 Likes

Skatebraham Lincoln? Millard Filboard? I used to do President’s names.

4 Likes

As pictured it blows my mind. I’m still in the honeymoon phase so I can’t really speak to what I still want but I know that with my 6" AT tires the single motor just can’t handle it. At least not the way I have it settup. Maybe I’m just doing it wrong. That disappoints me because they are amazing and provide so much confidence over the urathane. I was looking at metro boards airless tires and a few other alternatives that are easier for my single motor to drive. It would be about $300 to upgrade to a dual settup with all new parts from TB. Apart from that complaint everything else just blows my mind. The battery from @skyart is phenomenal. I haven’t outranged it’s capacity yet!

2 Likes

Another issue is definitely thermal throttling of the motor. With the urathane it’s not too bad at all. After a few miles I just stop for a few minutes and let the motor cool and take a drink etc. The vx2 also helps alot since mostly I cruise in low mode and then switch to medium and high when the throttling kicks in. I also have mainly been riding around my apartment/neighborhood and it basically just giant circles I can blast down so it’s to be expected. Its also been 90°f all month here :smile:

1 Like

The second motor will help with all of that. Effectively you’re running motors in parallel when you go from 1wd to 2wd so they will share the load and not get as hot. Doesn’t help that it’s hot as balls right now. What part of Michigan are you in? I visit Ann Arbor once or twice a year normally.

1 Like

I live right outside of grand rapids in Kentwood. Ann arbor is about 2hrs. I’d totally drive to visit. I found a group on discord that does group rides around here. There’s also a Facebook group for Jacksonville. Maybe we can find some peeps to go on a ride with! I know the second motor will pretty much solve all of my problems. I just need to wait till I have $300 to drop. I’ll start sourcing parts soon!

2 Likes

With the urathane the one motor will take me way faster than I could ever want to. But I came off the board at around 20mph. I’m sure you remember the pic lol. That really shook my confidence in the wheels (even though they weren’t really the problem) and now every tiny crack or rock terrifies me. I also love getting into it and whipping around corners and I love the feeling of the board being absolutely glued to the ground and I don’t question it at all. It doesn’t help that my deck is super stiff either though.

1 Like

I’m a pneumatic guy as well. Maybe because I grew up on mtbs and not skateboards. I don’t like too much sketchiness on my ride. I run over stuff all the time on accident and think “I’d be screwed if I was on my urethane board”

1 Like

They just improve the quality of the ride in all regards. I run a drop through so the vibrations are absolutely killer on my body with the urethane. I can definitely get a good ride with them but they pull so much current from the motor. I have to ride in high mode off the bat and can really only get up to low 20s for awhile. The dual motors will handle them no problem. And I know exactly what you mean. I literally had the exact same thought the last time I was riding them and hit a divot

1 Like

Is it possible to use 2 different sized motors or would that just be a unadvisable idea ? I’m sure I can find a cheap one on here and a 4.1 vesc. I was thinking it’s probably best to get those 2 parts new though. I could at least get a cheaper 6374 but idk if that’s a good idea either. Probably best to have everything be identical in power

Yeah you could do it but I certainly wouldn’t advise doing it every motor is slightly a different kv and you could get unlucky with some out of whack ones. Not sure if your esc would care about mismatched readings or not.

1 Like

@b264 have either of you tried riding a drop through with the trucks mounted below the deck ? I really want to figure out some sort of solution to the vibrations. I’ve added a few squishy risers to top of the plate but I doubt it will make much of a difference. Basically 100% of the vibrations are transferring directly through the board and into me. Maybe I should get a smaller set of tires with lighter rims and pulleys. The tires I have are the 6x2 clever Ali ones. Pretty damn chunky :joy: maybe bermeisters will work ? @torqueboards how heavy is a set of your AT tires ? I was also looking at some brackets that add suspension but they’re pretty pricey.

I have half of my circuit board dropped through, half not. What bushings are you using and how long/often do you ride?

Lol you should call it blinky or something because it only has one eye

One headlight and one tail light

1 Like

nice build bruh…

3 Likes