The Green One | 29.6" Powell-Peralta | TB110 | dual 6355 | Caliber 2 | 10S 14500mAh [serious]

How about you make a build thread and show us all about it?

2 Likes

i probably will make first one soon, still waiting on stuff to arrive

Nice dual motor mini. I wasn’t aware you had so many portable builds. I’m also surprised the wheelbase of this deck along with the power, that it’s not wheelie prone.

Thanks for sharing your settings; that info paints a picture of the performance of your boards and helps me understand what to expect from my mini build

Always knew there was a lot I could learn from you, now I see there’s a lot I could learn from you :pray:

1 Like

Oh, I can assure you, it will very, very easily.

You just have to learn how to ride it. :smirk:

Once you learn the machine, it’s super nice.

2 Likes

@b264 your threads make me want to build my own monster truck shortie

1 Like

Here she is in her current beauty, showing lots of love:

And earlier today she was spotted in the Caven Point area:

7 Likes

Update: I feel like I prefer RKP on these builds. I do use both and they have totally different feels, but if you’re going to try to go fast at all, the RKP seem much better for that.

3 Likes

Out of curiousity, what’s the benefit of running each esc on seperate RX. Is it just to increase reliability or are there any other added benefits?

Sorry, we aren’t allowed to discuss that.

3 Likes

@b264 why no thread for the black one?

1 Like

I have two that don’t have a thread. The Black One just is really my least-favorite one. I don’t particularly like the deck shape that much. (It’s a Madrid Stranger Things 2 deck that’s been sanded and painted) Also it’s rusted to shit because it’s the one I’ve typically grabbed to ride after the roads get salted. :rofl: And then the other one might have a thread coming some day.

edit: it does now

2 Likes

I like this.
I saw that you will (or have already) change to BN184 from Caliber E on the back.
I’m curious, if you were starting from scratch what parts would you get?

Still:

Looks like metroboard doesn’t sell those lights anymore.

1 Like

Metroboard might sell them, contact Hoyt and ask them. These were the “2W” nominal lights.

If I was starting from scratch I would get a deck either like this one or the Blue One and also some @Boardnamics 145mm hangers (if single drive) or Boardnamics 170mm hangers (if dual drive) unless unobtainium then Boardnamics 184mm hangers. I would not use 220mm.

10S is great for tools and 12S is great for toys but it just depends on your goals.

I don’t like the Maytech motors that much although this pair is still running great after I modified them. No issues afterward.

These FSESC 4.20 have been running great HOWEVER I have been running them at 10S and 21.5A battery max per ESC. If you run them higher you may not have the same results. This skate still has tons of power, can get up any hill, and can stop on a dime, even for a 100kg rider.

For mounts I would use Boardnamics mounts yes. They have some short ones that are very nice.

4 Likes

Interesting… my local shop has The Blue One in stock:

I have some 10S batteries lying around and those Carvon hubs that never sold.
I think I might buy that deck tomorrow and start pulling bits together.

Flipsky claims the 4.20 does 50A per side:

Dual ESC can reach 100A big current, give your board strong power

Do you limit to 21.5A because Flipsky’s numbers are bullshit?

If so maybe I spend an extra $50 on this one so I don’t have to worry about it?

That’s not the bottlenose variant, it’s the pig variant. Those are everywhere. That doesn’t have the feature that makes the other one so awesome.

1 Like

These numbers may not be continuous or may be using extra heat removal procedures, and in any fashion, never blindly trust numbers from someone benefiting financially from a sale of said item.

No, I did it for reliability and because the battery I rated conservatively at 43A.

2 Likes

And your maximum current setting?

Very conservative on this skate. Since it’s a dual drive though, it has PLENTY of power to brake or get up any hill, even with a 100kg fatass on top.

Most of mine are single drive, and there’s a triple drive.

1 Like