The Flux | 12s6p | MBS | Xenith | Dual 6374 | 8”

I’m starting to wear through these MBS tires and tubes. Slime is holding up and keeping the pressure, but I fear they’ll be done soon.

Any recommendations for 8” tires that use MBS Rockstar IIs that might hold up a bit better? Kendas maybe?

2 Likes

The Fluxy was getting some anti sink plates put in, and when I flipped it over I heard something in the enclosure rattle. Decided to take it apart and found a screw rolling around. Turns out it was one of the 5 BMS screws on the underside. Must have vibrated loose. Put some loctite on the screws and viola, @RideNebula anti sink plates got done after I finished sealing up the enclosure!

4 Likes

The Rit was a great choice. That’s looking nice.

2 Likes

Read your tyre question ; i can vow for Kenda tyres . They really hold up really well. Have done 100’s of km on them and no signs of wear !!? SHortly i have been riding Evolve 150’s and they wear terribly quicker. My guess is MBS tyres are same/ little better. Kenda (200mm) ? Great !

1 Like

sorry i mean the road tyres…

1 Like

Thanks for the response! I ordered some Kendas to replace the MBS when they inevitably blow out.

I have Evolve 150s on the Talon but don’t have enough mileage to comment. Also Onsra 150s on the Century. Those were previously on my first board and have 250 miles and are still in amazing shape.

:call_me_hand:
Do those Onsra 150mm fit the MBS hubs or do you have them on Onsra hubs ? (small difference diameter?) I’m looking into different (cheaper) alternatives for Evolve 150mm’s…

I’ll measure the hub diameter when I’m home but I don’t think they would fit. They are on the Onsra hubs.