The Flux | 12s6p | MBS | Xenith | Dual 6374 | 8”

Isn’t much from video, just shows me holding down the throttle and the board ramping down while it’s still full throttle on the puck.

Yes!

1 Like

Further, when looking at RT data in VESC tool the duty cycle hits 90% for 3-5 secs and then the Unity kills power.

Ahghfhskfe!

Now I’m confused. I flashed the unity to FW 23.46 and now I don’t have any of the above issues. In grass, slam throttle, all good. On bench, hold throttle, all good.

Even some of my Davega issues have been fixed. I can’t control the screen with my remote anymore. Only sporadic screen changes when at a complete stop and some memory issues. Sad the 4.0 update to resolve that won’t work on 23.46…

Any ideas? It’s got to be something I had set incorrect in the VESC tool? Or this unity just don’t like v5.1.

Honestly it might be this :man_shrugging: FW5 has been as buggy and weird as… well as any of the other FW’s to be honest.

2 Likes

The risk we take with esk8

2 Likes

i don’t know why i suddenly came across this, but here it is :joy: might be too late already

2 Likes

I was planning a very similar build but with 140kv motors for more torque. What made you choose the 190kv with bigger wheels? Seems like a lot of top speed you desire

1 Like

Yup, mostly for speed. With 72T I have nice torque with 4.8 ratio. I do want to try it with 140kv motors

Those might be super awesome, but beware if they are exactly 8mm (or exactly 10mm) inside dimension they probably won’t work. I’ve gotten a few that don’t fit on the axle because the spacer is like 8.000mm and the axle is like 8.001mm or some shit. It’s too tight a tolerance.

These might work awesome, though. I might pick some up to try.

Thanks for the link!

2 Likes

if u check the seller’s other listing, there are bunch of different sizes and thiccness, im sure one will suit ur need.

not sure why it suddenly show up as my recommended item in aliexpress, oh well at least it helps someone :joy:

2 Likes

If nothing else, having the link to feed their recommendation algorithm can help find the right part too.

Often the easiest way for me to find something is just to keep clicking on similar recommended things, getting closer each time to what I actually want :rofl:

2 Likes

YES!! that’s also how i found a pulley set that goes with a specific wheels that no one seems to know where to find the pulley for :joy:

sometimes these algorithm work like magic

2 Likes

Update: Just hit 150 miles today on this guy! Yellow/Yellow blocks.

Decided to dip the shocks and hubs in black Rit to murder it out.

Board and Shocks are starting to break in and I can really start getting it on the carves!

Oh I also printed a Puck Puck Bruce! Not the prettiest print as it is quite difficult, but man is it comfortable!

Getting about 30 miles a charge on a 25.1wh/mile average.

7 Likes

That’s the biggest glue gun that I’ve ever seen! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great!!!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m really loving your gear drive upgrade you did.

Might have to do that myself, also contemplating seeing how big of a battery could fit in the 2 sections and converting the two ends of the enclosures to VESC compartments for 4WD.

2 Likes

Killer build :star_struck: I was going to Recommend a flux for you just because they are the daddy mobile but now I see you wanna build something sleek for you second ride :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I’m starting to wear through these MBS tires and tubes. Slime is holding up and keeping the pressure, but I fear they’ll be done soon.

Any recommendations for 8” tires that use MBS Rockstar IIs that might hold up a bit better? Kendas maybe?

2 Likes

The Fluxy was getting some anti sink plates put in, and when I flipped it over I heard something in the enclosure rattle. Decided to take it apart and found a screw rolling around. Turns out it was one of the 5 BMS screws on the underside. Must have vibrated loose. Put some loctite on the screws and viola, @RideNebula anti sink plates got done after I finished sealing up the enclosure!

4 Likes

The Rit was a great choice. That’s looking nice.

2 Likes