"The Feet Fatigue" - 150km range TB DD machine

can he make me one too? :stuck_out_tongue:

He will be more than happy I believe. If you bear the cost of shipping of course

1 Like

Looking to build a TQ using same Board and motor setup. Can you give me your impression? Reliability? Ride? Performance? Any regrets for not going belt motors? I really appreciate it! Also where did you source battery tray and electronic display? Thx again!

Rich
Las Vegas, NV

2 Likes

Hi Rich,

Everything build related is in the post (parts, prices)

Regarding the reliability of the board, no problem whatsoever.Had the TB DD for the past year, put thousands of KM on them, never encountered an issue (only cogging issue after a 1.5km super steep ride uphill going 50+km/h during the hot days of summer. I let the cans cool down for 2 min and was good to go).

Ride wise, I took the Urethane to really bad path, even forest trail with roots, stones, and the ride was bumpy but not as bad as when I had my Raptor.

Performance wise, my max speed reached was 64km/h (40mp/h), and no issue with stability. I believe on a longer path, I could reach 72/73km/h (45mp/h). My friends (with good build on AT wheels) told me it’s built like a tank, and wont budge reaching 60km/h.

No regret whatsoever going belt, when I see the maintenance connected to it (belts skipping, belt tension) as well as the noise they make. I am the silent speedster.
I ordered the 75kv and received the 90kv at the end (order issue), but even I do not regret the swap.

As said in the first line, the enclosure and electronic display source can be found in the main post, with their creators.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I’m canceling my MetroboardX and going with this setup as I too believe this is the future of eboards! I’ll keep you posted!!

Rich

Advise from me: If you plan on going AT at some point, I recommend you to reach out to Dex @torqueboards to see if you could get the 60KV, cause I believe the 75KV are not sufficient for them.

Top speed will decrease by a lot, but torque will increase a lot.
Up to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rmcizmas Urethane is still best for direct drives. If you go AT, 4WD would be better. Maybe in the future we build something specifically for AT. Maybe, 60KV might work. Still need more testing but next batch of TB DD we’ll have some 60KV available.

Credit to @ahrav

3 Likes

@ahrav What’s your take on the AT possibility with the TD DD, with 2wd and 4wd ?

1 Like

2WD no chance unless you go 75kV or when/ if the 60kVs come out that would work. With 90kV not gonna happen or you will burn out the motor before you get very far.

AWD is a different story. I ran it with 90kV no problems at all plenty of torque and plenty of top end. The motors will run a bit hotter than with thane but it’s nothing crazy. It also will handle hills without issues. The only caveat imo is you need a pack that can out out some decent amperage. The pack I had in the picture was 12s6p 30T so had A LOT of punch to it. That might be overkill but I’d say at least 100A total at a minimum to reap the benefits of AT with DD.

I loved it when I did try it but I love thane more that’s kinda preference tho. AT with DD is possible as long as you have everything dialed in. Don’t try to go 2WD if possible, it just won’t be as fun or efficient.

1 Like

Got you brother, I tried airless AT 6’ wheels on my 2wd 90KV… never again.
You re saying that AWD 90KV is good enough for AT ? that sounds good, but my 12s8p of 50e can only deliver 80A continuous, 120A burst, might be a bottleneck.

1 Like

Ohh yea 2WD gotta stick with thane in my experience. Yeaaa AWD is the way to go for sure. You’ll probably be able to get away with 80A but if you break that down you only getting 20A/ motor which might be underwhelming and could potentially cause the motors to work harder than they want to.

If you can swap that pack for say a 12s4 or 5p 40T pack you will have a lot more wiggle room to work with. You’ll also feel it for sure, and it’ll be a more than capable setup.