The end of the FOCBOX Unity

Wow marketing is on point :laughing:
Nice move😏

4 Likes

Please make the software for the firmware available so we are not stuck with hardware without the ability to fix bugs.

3 Likes

That’s not really on him. He’s just a US Amazon distributor.

13 Likes

There’s no positive brand equity left.

8 Likes

Carvon UK

11 Likes

Fuck.

14 Likes

What does this mean?

My friend still got scammed right?

1 Like

Not to mention he’s just a distributor and probably doesn’t own the rights to manufacture the unity

2 Likes

Gang gang shit dawg…

11 Likes

I just ordered one. Get them while the getting is good.

2 Likes

Ya ok…that’s false. I have never received mine order 6 month ago

6 Likes

God fucking dammit. Now what?! fucking questionable duals and mosfet switches again?

14 Likes

That just means they have the funds, doesn’t mean they’re going to clear their back orders

3 Likes

While it is terrible the the FOCBOX Unity is coming to an end, the positive is that it opens up space for Jeff Friesen and others to provide an ESC to replace it. Multiple board makers have been using the Unity and will need to start orders from an alternative ASAP.

In the meantime I ordered 2 Unitys so I have backups.

10 Likes

Does Maytech just not make good shit anymore or did I miss something.

2 Likes

Cmon Scotty I overheated those 100a like it was nothing

2 Likes

Touche but I think that’s just because of their crappy heatsink.

3 Likes

RIP enertion… I know this is one of the companies that makes DIY esk8 big. It’s unfortunate to see the raptor 2 dragged them into the depths.

The focbox was one off the solids things they have made. Cool to see that the unity has completely shaken up the esc market.

It really sucks that a lot of information gets lost on the old forum.

I hope that Jason stays ESK8’ing. It was great to have him in paris…

10 Likes

they’re decent ESCs, but they take up twice the space and require a decent eswitch which has always been the weakest link in my opinion. Flyer makes a 300 amp one that is dead reliable but they’re big and expensive, by the time you get a couple of maytecks in there with a flyer you’ve lost space for a whole pgroup.

9 Likes

Give it a few months, then get @jeffwuneo and @Deodand and @Blasto to collaborate and give you a Unity 2.0.
EDIT: If you ask nicely :wink: and make it worth their time

The end of an era is not always the worst thing. You have to remember that while the Unity is nice when it works, it didnt work for a while, hurting people in the process. If it was almost any other ESC, we would regard it the same way many of us regard Flipsky.

9 Likes