The end of the FOCBOX Unity

I’d like to see that data too. I’m building a motor Dyno and will data log the 3v and 5v bus.

I’m using 3 Hoyt ppms and two vx1. I’m a tad worried but not holding my breath. Rumors are only as strong as data , and screenshots. @momentiumboardsforever

Enertion Eulogy article in progress.

Ya’ll let me know if there’s anything you’re looking for in particular.

7 Likes

I would love to read about the highs and lows of the tech they developed over the years. As someone who came into the eskate scene in 2017, I would also like to know a lot more about early Enertion and what the brand did for the DIY scene.

I think the more it’s about Enertion as an entity instead of Jason as a CEO would be a good thing although I know it is difficult to seperate those things for better or worse. That’s my 2c

5 Likes

check out jason’s youtube channel… the early stuff… before the hype, lies, and theft…

4 Likes

Was it mental,. Female related, drugs , or alcohol that brought Enertion down. The raw stuff. We’re all human

3 Likes

Or you know, supplier engineering-, production- & QC over-promises and under-delivery, then Jason got backed into a corner and tried to defend himself like a rabid animal. Not saying that’s what happened, but it wouldn’t be the first.

6 Likes

I would be interested to hear how they ended up with so much market share in the esk8 world.

I came into the esk8 scene right as Enertion was failing to deliver parts (but still taking people’s money), but I didnt make it to the forums until late last year. Its crazy to think that if my decisions regarding which “premium” prebuilt I bought had gone a different way, I could be out $$$$ like so many others here. (I ended up getting a Metroboard, and its a solid choice.)

With how much people here still talk about Enertion (see: a 700-post thread about their last death-throws), it gives me the impression that they were a titan in the scene for a big chunk of our history. While this may not be true (I wasnt around so I cant really say), the fact that their name sparks so much conversation seems to indicate that they were a huge deal. I want to know why? What were they offering that no one else was? What roll did the builders forum play? How has the DIY market transitioned away, especially now that the last of their products are off shelves.

5 Likes

To put it simply this was the ‘New Coke’ incident of esk8, Enertion started in the market with some very strong and reliable ESCs and parts and supported the DIY community, then they pivoted to selling completes and sunk everything else into the unity. This goes the ride and Fall of Enertion.

1 Like

It’s hard to disagree with most things being said in this thread, I just wish people weren’t enjoying it so much. It doesn’t speak well of us as a group.

14 Likes

No I’d rather buy it on Amazon with a warranty instead of marked up with no warranty from you as you tell me you’re helping me. People do what you’re doing all the time, difference is they know it’s shitty and keep their mouth shut instead of making up some bullshit about how they’re helping the community.

9 Likes

I just spit up my coffee laughing

1 Like

Cool, solid input.
Buying from an actual retailer with certain credit cards gives you an extended warranty through the credit card company, they will reimburse you the product value if the product fails. This is not an option when buying from individuals through paypal.

1 Like

pssssssst
They do not sell Unities on Amazon anymore…

mute point

4 Likes

Even then, there is no warranty with those ones now

No shit, that’s the point of the discussion we were having. Welcome to the conversation!

It’s also “moot” not mute

7 Likes

so you get my point… eggzellent… welcome to reality

2 Likes

This happened to me. Tossed me off at full speed sent into a rag doll roll across the pavement. Hit the ground so hard that almost a year later now I still have joint problems. Will probably need surgery on my index finger. That was all because of a firmware issue. Still felt weird after that major firmware update, so could never trust the Unity.

You hit the pavement like that and never forget it. I don’t take anymore chances after that.

10 Likes

Be nice to Kook. We like him, despite the thousands of reasons we shouldn’t.

11 Likes

Do you have any more links on this firmware issue…

I took a hard spill and needed surgery, but I believe that was a motor related issue

6 Likes

Hey Jason-

Good to see you made it over. Welcome!

6 Likes