The end of the FOCBOX Unity

I still find it ironic that in his belt-driven days, Jason shat on hub motors saying they would never be good enough and were inherently flawed, and yet they ended up being his downfall. I seriously wonder if Enertion would have succeeded if the Raptor 2 had any other drivetrain. Sure, there were other issues with the board, but inefficient hubs that liked to spontaneously break with disintegrating urethane seemed to be almost a standard feature.

Idea for next ESk8 News article: “How hub motors and arrogance killed the Unity.”

14 Likes

I agree, an “Enertion eulogy” with a brief history of the rise and fall of one of the biggest names in esk8 would make an awesome esk8.news feature for jason day :wink:

@longhairedboy, @BillGordon what you think?

9 Likes

I use a dual 6.6 plus and if I try to run motor detection from side 2 it gives the wrong firmware or cannot read config bullshit, side 1 works fine after I update both sides separately

Those hubs likely killed the company. I have another thread on trying to make those work, cool concept, but ultimately was not thought through.

2 Likes

Ah got it. It doesn’t matter which one i take, same result. It usually happens when i activate CAN

@anorak234 was way ahead of us all. He wrote up a nice “Enertion eulogy” a few months ago but the timing was not right. I’m sure he can be talked into dusting it off and polishing it up.

11 Likes

This has never ever worked for me not fucking once

1 Like

Now we just need someone to come along and ask Jeff if he’s finished with the neoUNITY yet.

1 Like

LEAVE JEFF ALONE! He’s busy printing a 1m x 1m x 1m dickosaurus

17 Likes

There was 3 left 10 minutes ago and I got one. We’ll see…

1 Like

They’re all gone now. The Unity is dead.

3 Likes

sold out

2 Likes

Yeah anyone buying right now might be in for a nasty surprise…

1 Like

Did anyone stop to think that there may have actually been no unities left at all 12hrs ago?

5 Likes

You got screwed

1 Like

images (99)

8 Likes

Amazon keeps count, and they’ll refund if they can’t deliver.

9 Likes

From what @Brenternet has said in the past, Amazon does not fuck about when you sell through them. So I doubt any bullshit went on like that.

8 Likes

So. Anyone want to buy a Unity for $399?

6 Likes

Fuck yeah. I was one of the first order​:metal:t3::metal:t3:

2 Likes