The Disappointment | MBS Colt 90X | 10S 8Ah Lipo | 2x 6374 | Prototype Dual VESC 6

I think that even if you fix the turning issue the enclosure situation isn’t very desirable.
might be better parting it out but I’m not sure what you’re trying to get out of it.

1 Like

Part out it is then. I just want to get this thing out of my life and some of my money back so I can finish my last planned build.

1 Like

Bro you’re living my life struggle here. Check out my build log for the history.

I also recommend the @MarkOneBoards blemished deck if he has any left. They’re a bit narrow at first impression but I’ve actually been loving it recently. My toes and heels barely hang over the edge but I feel a lot of control.

If you want to go the ats12 route, I’m selling a motor mount setup with crossbars for it. Full disclosure the trucks snapped on me after a month of taking it to the BMX track. Could be a fluke but I’d rather give you the facts.

1. Get correctly tipped deck. You will immediately be able to turn correctly.

2. Get f5 bindings. They’re the best and I can’t recommend them enough. If you just want to try out bindings, get some cheap velcro ones.

3. Look up “pvc junction boxes” online. They’re strong, cheap, and waterproofed with easy access.

4 Likes

do you still have the ATS12 trucks? wanna dump those in my lap? I’m kinda interested depending on price…

yep, still got them.

How does $20 per truck + shipping sound?

1 Like

Let me know what shipping is to So. Ca. 92562 and we can take it to p.m.

I ordered a set of yellow shock blocks and couldn’t tell any difference from the orange.

To soften them up, I drilled holes in mine.
They went from unusable to OK.

I’ll post a pic if I can find one.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice guys.

I will fix the angle problem first by trying to find appropriate risers, if not, new deck.

And I’ll get a junction box to move all the electronics to.

Once I address those problems I’ll wrap it up and sell it as a complete.

1 Like

Kai…

e-toxx has wedged risers…

but they can be 3d printed or fabricated!

I would need at least 15 ° risers to get a total angle of 35 °. Also, the STLs are not available.

Awww crap, I just realized that due to the way the nuts are held in on the matrix trucks, angled risers are not an option.

Alright, looks like I’ll need a new deck.

1 Like

15 ° is quite a stretch for a wedged riser because of the mounting bolts… it may work but maybe not… I haven’t wedged a truck more than 7 °-ish degrees… I could print you one up, you’ll just need longer bolts… If you’re going this route you’ll really only have to wedge the front truck, the rear truck doesn’t need as much articulation…

My Kaly has 30 ° and turns fine!

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately, the matrix 2 truck with the composite top is not going to play nice with it because it has slots for the locknuts which already do not work very well and it is a pain in the ass to tighten the locknuts.

Comp 95 deck looks nice, too bad there aren’t any stock and it costs $110 -_-.

1 Like

see if they have any blems for a cheaper alternative… only bitch is the shipping is almost as much as the boards… others have them and like them… I would have gotten a couple of their boards if another Ca. local and I could have combined shipping…

but check 'em out!

2 Likes

You’re not required to use those slots.
They are handy. But not required.

1 Like

Don’t bother with muirskate risers. They’re ass hats who make wedges in the wrong shape and never reply to your emails.

Seriously how is one to attach a truck to bolts at that angle?

@kook if you need motor mounts for those trucks, pm me :wink:

3 Likes

Deck swap!

I’m going to need more grip tape.

2 Likes

Yeah I had laugh when I saw the grip tape only on the tips. No biggie though, hope you like the deck!